Specialist TA – Science
32 hours per week, term time only
Scale 4 £27,060 – £28,419 pro rata (actual pay £20,199 - £21,214)
The Governing Body are looking to appoint an inspirational and self-motivated TA to this new and exciting position. If you are a dynamic, committed, and inspirational Teaching Assistant who wants to make a difference to the lives and outcomes of Woodlane pupils we welcome your application.
The position will include:
- The preparation of: equipment/apparatus, substances and materials to support practical lessons.
- Maintenance and cleaning of equipment after use.
- Supporting the Science Subject Teacher to carry out practical lessons.
- Providing support and INSET for colleagues.
- Teaching Assistant to Science Subject Teacher or another teacher.
- Covering lessons (on occasions).
- Other tasks deemed appropriate by the SLT.
Please see the job description for full details.
What we are seeking from our candidate:
- An exceptional Teaching Assistant seeking progression.
- A talented and influential Teaching Assistant, committed to maintaining a culture dedicated to continuous improvement.
- A strong classroom practitioner who can follow lesson plans.
- A willingness to engage in further study to support the role of Science Specialist TA.
- Someone who demonstrates a high level of resilience.
- Someone with a passion to develop and support colleagues to consistently outstanding careers practice.
Please see personal specification for full details.
Woodlane High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Staff and governors are committed to the safeguarding and child protection of our children. An enhanced DBS disclosure will therefore be required for successful candidates. We will also require verified references, photographic identification and any necessary overseas eligibility to work in the UK.
You are strongly encouraged to visit our wonderful school.
We welcome applicants from a mainstream or SEND, Primary or Secondary background.
Closing date: 03.12.2023
Shortlisting date: 04.12.2023
Interview date: 08.12.2023
Position to start: As soon as possible