Primary Teacher at Pathways School
Salary: MPS + SEN Allowance
Contract type: Full-time
Start Date: September 2021
Are you creative, courageous and resilient and want to make a real, tangible difference to children and young people’s lives?
We have a fantastic opportunity for a primary teacher in a unique special school for pupils with social, emotional, behavioural and mental health needs in the London borough of Barking and Dagenham, a diverse urban area. We are currently expanding to two primary classes.
Pathways School is a small special school, currently catering for pupils from KS2 to KS4 and offering a curriculum based on a child’s right to ‘Learn, Grow and Thrive’. We absolutely believe that all our children and young people deserve to achieve and succeed and will do so, with the right guidance and academic and pastoral support.
The school joined Eko Trust, a family of good and outstanding schools in Hackney, Newham and Suffolk, in September 2019. As we continue to grow as a Trust, this is an exciting time for a new person to join the team to help shape the school on its journey.
The ideal candidate will have successful experience of teaching and planning for educational needs across the full ability range and may come from a mainstream or a special school background. We pride ourselves in supporting staff development and there will be leadership opportunities for the right candidate.
Eko Trust and Pathways School offer:
- An excellent induction programme including regular and frequent team debriefs
- Opportunities to take part in group supervision and reflection and in school coaching and to participate in the Eko SEMH schools network (Pathways is one of two SEMH special schools in the Trust)
- Access to First Aid and Team Teach Training
- A very supportive and widely experienced team
- Access to School Advisory Service which includes GP consultations, counselling, referrals to physiotherapy and other specialist services at no cost
- Opportunity to join the Trust Talented Leaders programme for developing leadership
- Access to a wide set of professionals for expert support e.g. CAMHS, Educational psychology
- The opportunity to gain accreditation - e.g.NPQML, NPQSL, NPQH, Level 3 Leadership programme, Senior Leader Apprenticeship (MA level)
Closing date for applications: Friday 23rd April 2021
Interviews will be held: week beginning 10th May 2021
Only Applications submitted on the Eko Trusts application form will be accepted. CV applications will not be considered.
Please contact Amanda Marquis (email@example.com) for further details, an application pack or to speak to a member of the senior leadership team.
Eko Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A criminal record check via the DBS will be undertaken for the successful candidate.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. A comprehensive screening process, including a disclosure check, will be undertaken on all applicants.