From September 2020 we are looking to appoint a -
Our deeply respected Deputy Head is retiring – and we are looking for an ambitious and creative leader!
John Scurr is an aspiring and inclusive community school with a local and national reputation for providing a high standard of education. We are seeking to appoint an ambitious and enthusiastic Deputy Head teacher to join our highly successful leadership and management team.
We are looking for someone who:
- demonstrates a clear understanding of what constitutes outstanding teaching and learning, and has the ability to lead staff by example;
- through their energy and practice; inspires and motivates staff, parents, carers and children;
- demonstrates exceptional knowledge of the curriculum and safeguarding standards and ;
- demonstrates excellent management, interpersonal and organisational skills;
- supports teams in working together to raise levels of achievement and attainment for all children;
- shows commitment to ensuring equality of opportunity for all learners;
- is a dynamic and creative practitioner with high expectations.
We can offer you :
- A great school - with passionate governors, brilliant pupils, reflective staff and supportive parents.
- Highly skilled middle and senior leaders – who care deeply about the impact they are making
- A well resourced, bright and inviting local authority school with creative spaces and a warm welcome
- An Inner City leadership career experience with the very best CPD –high challenge but high support too (we are linked to UCL, Tower Hamlets Educational Partnership, M Cubed and TELTSA partnerships and alliances)
- A shared vision and ethos to ‘be the best that you can be’.
It is desirable that applicants visit the school as part of the application process - to arrange a visit to the school, please contact our Headteacher Maria Lewington.
An application pack can be downloaded: https://johnscurrprimary.weebly.com/vacancies.html
Please email your completed application to the PA to the HT: email@example.com
John Scurr Primary school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will require an enhanced DBS clearance and be able to clearly articulate rigorous safeguarding leadership as part of the recruitment process.