LIFE Education Trust
Tel: 01708 450807
Website: www.benhurst.havering.sch.uk Twitter:@BenhurstPrimary
Headteacher: Ms Alice Larkman
Assistant Head Teacher - Pastoral Lead
Required: January 2024
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Scale L6 - L9 (£53,636 - £57,488)
Starting point L6, Inclusive of Outer London Allowance
Hours: Full Time
Building Great Learning Communities
Our Mission is 'To build great learning communities'. To accomplish our mission, we keep our 3 core beliefs at the heart of everything we do: Courageous Optimism, Boundless Creativity and Heartfelt Compassion. We support our schools to deliver excellent pupil outcomes, create vibrant, exciting environments and offer rewarding careers for employees. To help us with this, we are looking to appoint a Assistant Head Teacher at Benhurst Primary School to provide a safe and positive lunch-time experience.
The successful candidate will:
- The vision, skills and experience to successfully take a leading role in improving the quality of pastoral care at Benhurst
- Energy and passion to shape the personal development at Benhurst
- Be a strong advocate for an inclusive educational approach
- Able to help achieve our mission to empower young minds
- Be creative, empathetic and reflective in your approach
- Be a team player who enjoys the hard work and responsibility that comes with senior leadership
The successful candidate will be part of a positive environment, with dedicated and supportive colleagues who strive for excellence. The school is committed to providing the very best learning opportunities for the pupils in a safe, secure and friendly environment.
In return we can offer you:
- A strong commitment on developing individual career paths
- An approach that supports professional growth
- Supportive and friendly colleagues
- Happy, friendly and well-behaved pupils
- A stimulating and welcoming learning environment in a fantastic school community with a family feel
- High quality continuous professional development
- An all-inclusive and supportive Senior Leadership Team and Multi-Academy Trust
- Free flu vaccinations
- Access to the Schools Advisory Service (SAS) the Trust's employee well-being support and medical programme. This includes 24 hour a day access to a GP helpline for you and those in your household, a counselling service, stress management and weight loss programme, physiotherapy, menopause support and much more
- A colleague Support Pack regularly updated with local financial guidance, schemes and support
- Increased priority in admissions to the Frances Bardsley Academy for Girls school within the Trust
- Close proxmity to Hornchurch Railway Station and on a main bus route
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to TES Development
- Links with the local community, including our charity partner, The Trussell Trust Food Bank
- Retail discounts
Please forward your completed application form, together with a letter of application and supporting paperwork to email@example.com by Friday 13th October 2023. A copy of the school’s Teacher Application Form can be found on the school website www.benhurst.havering.sch.uk.
Shortlisting and interviews will take place shortly after.
The school reserves the right to interview prior to the deadline date.
For further information about this role, please contact Vicky Smith, Head of HR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visits to the school are welcomed.
The Trust reserves the right to interview prior to the deadline date. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds and all parts of the community, particularly people from ethnic minorities who are currently under-represented. LIFE Education Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.