HLTA for Literacy and Numeracy
Pay Scale: Scale SO1 point 23-25
Annual Salary: £33,351 - £34,341 (full-time equivalent)
Actual Annual Salary: £28,563 - £29,411 Fixed Term
Temporary for 1 Year.
London Weighting: Outer
Start: September 2023
Norlington School and 6th Form is a small 11-16 boys’ school with a mixed 6th Form. Over the past 10 years the school has transformed itself into one of the highest performing schools in the country and has been recognised by the Minister for State Schools on three separate occasions for student achievement. Over the past 4 years the school has grown in size to 162 students per cohort and remains oversubscribed.
Norlington was judged to be a 'good school' by Ofsted;
- 'The progress of all groups of pupils...including the most able, is strong'
- 'Staff....enjoy being part of the school with its distinctive family ethos'
- 'The behaviour of students around the school is calm and orderly'
(Ofsted October 2018)
The school has an excellent CPD programme and is committed to developing all staff, as we continue to provide all our students with outstanding learning experiences. This includes three staff training afternoons, two department meetings and one twilight training session every 6 weeks. Lessons finish for students at 1:30 pm on a Friday.
The role requires:
- A highly organised individual that can organise and deliver Interventions to a range of students.
- An ability to identify students that need interventions and measure progress using systems such as Provision- map or SIMs.
- The ability to manage TAs to devover targeted interventions.
- An individual who has experience of teaching SEN students individually and in small groups.
- The ability to teach small groups of SEN students at KS4, for example,
delivering Functional Skills skills course, or Option Support.
- The ability to develop and prepare resources.
You will work 34.5 hours per week. 8.45am until 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and alternate Fridays 8.45am to 1.45pm/3.15pm – term-time only (46.6 weeks per year).
Throughout the year there are 6 Twilight sessions which are compulsory.
Posts will be subject to a Prohibition check for all roles involved with the management of pupils. Norlington School and 6th Form is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of
children and young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
A recruitment pack and application form is available on the TES jobs website, school’s website: School Policies » Norlington School and 6th Form. Please email completed application forms email@example.com
Closing date: Monday, 25th September 2023 at 9.00am
Interviews scheduled for: The same week