Dog Enforcement Officer
The Dog Enforcement Officers is a unique and challenging role;
- You will be responsible for investigating complaints regarding dangerous dogs and taking appropriate action.
- You will be responsible for investigating welfare complaints and taking the appropriate action.
- Attending court and giving evidence when required
- Dealing with stray dogs in line with council policy
- Assisting kennel officers when required
- the transportation of dogs as required
- to maintain clear and accurate records
- to assist in emergencies concerning animals
- site working in all weathers
- you must hold a valid UK Driving Licence
- be willing to undertake CPD Training where relevant and keep up to date in legislative changes
You must have the following relevant experience
- Experienced in law and legislation surrounding dogs and council statutory duties
- Experienced in investigation and applying legislation in a real-world scenario
- Experienced in interviewing potential suspects to P.A.C.E standards
- Experience in the handling of aggressive and dangerous dogs and associated risks. To be aware of the proper use of protective equipment and familiar with the use of such protective clothing and equipment.