Head of Digital Change Portfolio
Head of Digital Change Portfolio Job Advert
Full time, permanent, salary range £71,997 - £77,967
Waltham Forest is a fiercely ambitious council, adapting to meet the ever-changing demands and pressures on our public services. Driven by our sense of the place and its people, we constantly develop and evolve.
Our Digital Innovation and Customer Experience team is at the forefront of this change and as Head of Digital Change Portfolio, you will join the collaborative management team of the Customer Strategy & Digital Channels department, which was newly created in 2022 to lead customer-focused transformation, directing us away from traditional processes to more modern ways of working while putting customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking for an experienced and innovative Head of Digital Change Portfolio to lead our company's digital transformation initiatives. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the planning, execution, and delivery of digital projects across the organization, driving change and transformation while ensuring alignment with business objectives.
This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in a wide range of challenging projects that make up our modernisation agenda. You will be working across various departments including housing, social care, children’s and corporate services to deliver digital change and improve the way that we provide services for our residents.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive digital change portfolio strategy that aligns with the councils’ business needs.
- Define and manage a portfolio of digital projects, ensuring that each project is aligned with the councils’ priorities and that resources are allocated effectively.
- Lead and motivate a team of project managers and other stakeholders to deliver successful digital transformation initiatives.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders, including senior management, to ensure support and ongoing income for the digital change portfolio.
- Ensure that project milestones are met and that projects are completed within budget and on schedule.
- Monitor project performance and implement corrective actions as necessary to ensure successful delivery.
- Manage a pipeline of projects and identify further income opportunities by engaging with senior stakeholders across the council.
- Manage relationships with external vendors and partners, ensuring that they meet service level agreements and deliver high-quality services.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in digital transformation and provide thought leadership to the organization.
We are looking for someone who can confidently lead a change portfolio, providing assurance to senior leaders and delivering results, as well as someone who is able to think strategically about the needs of the organisation and the role that digital transformation plays in meeting these needs. We are looking for someone with experience and a qualification in programme management, and an experience of developing strategies for change.
This is a permanent role and we offer candidates the opportunity to enjoy rewarding work with a benefits package which includes a salary of up to £77k, 28 - 31 days holiday allowance, flexible working arrangements and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
If you are passionate about driving digital transformation and have a track record of successful project delivery, we would like to hear from you.
Please send a CV and a Covering Letter to Jo Cumper, email: firstname.lastname@example.org