Families Business Intelligence Manager
Waltham Forest is driven by our sense of place and its people, we are constantly developing and evolving. Waltham Forest is London’s first Borough of Culture and the 2019 MJ Council of the Year. Our opportunities are real: a fantastically diverse community with a variety of different needs, a new university campus, a £300million new shopping centre, 10,000 new homes over the next ten years, the re-invigoration of a much-loved 950-seat theatre, and a new hospital at Whipps Cross. Like most places we face challenges, and we need people that thrive in creating solutions and unlocking potential working across the whole council and with our partners.
We are seeking a Families Business Intelligence Manager, to work within the Data & Intelligence Team. This role will lead our continuous improvement in data use and analytics across children’s services, education and social care. The Families Business Intelligence Manager will ensure that our statutory data responsibilities are discharged and will lead a team to develop innovative, data-driven solutions which will further help use data to tackle some of the Council’s key priorities.
Some of the key tasks for this role will be:
- Lead and direct a team of data professionals.
- Taking a leading role in the planning and delivery of data projects.
- Deliver all statutory data functions to a high standard and by given deadlines.
- Support regulatory processes, e.g. Ofsted Inspections.
- Deliver an innovative portfolio of data reporting and analysis to enable better management oversight and identify areas of need.
- Develop a self-serve model for access to data reporting and analysis products.
- Develop, embed, and lead drive a data quality improvement plan.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Demonstrable skills in SQL or R or Python.
- Experience in producing data reporting and analysis in tools such as Power BI or Tableau.
- Experience of the statutory data requirements of a Local Authority.
- Experience of the regulatory processes of children’s services and/or adult social care.
- Knowledge of database administration (advantageous).
- Data visualisation and data story telling skills.
- Experience or knowledge of statistical analysis.
To succeed you will need:
- To have the ability to build and manage effective relationships at all levels across the organisation.
- To be tenacious in your ambition to improve outcomes for citizens through data.
- To be pro-active in your endeavours to progress work and build relationships.
- To be strong leader, with the ability to motivate your team.
- Excellent analytical and investigatory skills to interpret varied and complex information and be able to understand concepts quickly.
- The technical ability to effectively use data reporting tools, to drive innovation in use of data and be able to quality assure your team’s output.
- The ability to analyse and interpret complex data sets and present them effectively to various audiences to inform decision-making and prioritisation.
- The ability to work sensitively, empathetically, and collaboratively across a wide range of stakeholders to achieve the desired outcomes.
Why work for us:
- We offer a flexible working pattern.
- Family friendly policies.
- An excellent pension scheme.
- Investment in developing your skills.
- A fantastic team environment.
- More details can be found here.