Hornchurch High School
Part of the Partnership Learning Trust
Broadstone Road, Hornchurch, RM12 4AJ
Tel No: 01708 691441
Head Teacher: Ms V Masson
DT/Art & Graphic Design Technician
Hours: Monday to Friday, 30 hours per week, 8.15am to 3.15pm, including two 30-minute unpaid breaks. Term time plus inset days
Grade: APTC 3, Points 5-6 £22,575 per annum
Actual Pro Rata Salary: £15,983 per annum, including 5.3 weeks paid holiday
Start Date: 1st September 2022
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and self-motivated technician to support our thriving DT/Art & Graphic Design Department. The post holder will be a key member of the team, providing general support to staff and students to ensure the smooth operation of the department, including the preparation and cleaning of materials and resources and providing practical support in the classroom to teachers and students.
The overall aims of this role are to:
- Provide support of teaching and learning within the department by the management of resources
- Positively support the implementation of the school aims and policies through the work of the department
- Ensure that the working environment is safe for staff and pupils to use
- Be responsible for the acquisition, organisation, dissemination and exploitation of resources to support teaching and learning
- Help the department run as smoothly as possible on a day to day basis
To be successful, the post holder will ideally:
- Be educated to GCSE level
- Have an interest in, and preferably experience of, DT/Art and Graphic Design
- Have knowledge of Art materials and equipment
We offer excellent training, exciting links with other school partners and provide opportunities for personal development. We have a vibrant work place with friendly, supportive colleagues and an excellent work/life balance.
We are an aged 11-16 mixed comprehensive with good pupils, supportive parents and an excellent staff. We welcome visits to the school and if you would like to arrange a tour please contact Ann Tyler on 01708 691441 or email email@example.com.
How to Apply
Closing date: Friday 3rd June 2022
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be expected to undertake an enhanced DBS.
We welcome applicants regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.