Mead Primary School
The Learning Federation
Amersham Rd, Harold Hill, RM3 9JD
Tel: 01708 343616
Executive Headteacher: Mr David Denchfield
Head of School: Ms A Holmes
Lead teacher for Additionally Resourced Provision for primary aged Autism/Social communication needs
Salary: Mainscale / Upper Pay Scale (based on experience) + TLR2b
Hours: Full time
Following the retirement of our wonderful ARP lead next year, we have a fantastic opportunity for a caring, passionate and enthusiastic teacher to lead in the further development of our ARP for 12 non-verbal Autistic pupils. Our ARP is a wonderful place for our children to learn, feel safe and be happy. We provide bespoke support for our children and wherever possible, opportunities for the children to access the mainstream curriculum.
We are looking to employ an experienced primary teacher with an expertise in supporting children with a range of additional needs, particularly Autism and social communication difficulties. The ARP lead will manage and lead a fantastically dedicated team of learning support staff who have a wide range of knowledge, skills and SEND knowledge.
This Position requires the candidate to:
- Hold QTS and have experience in teaching the primary age range and children with significant SENDs.
- Be confident in using your knowledge of current theory and practice in teaching and learning and SEND.
- Be able to lead and inspire a team of experienced SEND TA’s in the continued development and delivery of high quality and effective interventions.
- Be ready to utilise the benefits of a curriculum that is innovative and flexible in terms of delivery and content: this is likely to include designing a bespoke curriculum that meets the needs of a variety of learners.
- Be engaged with the ARP’s ethos, thinking creatively and reflectively within an open and honest team, whilst keeping the needs of the pupils firmly at the centre.
- Be able to develop positive relationships with our children and enable them to be the best they can be.
- Play a full part in the life of the school and is committed to working in partnership with staff, parents and governors.
Mead Primary School and can offer you:
- a kind, caring, warm and friendly school with happy, and motivated children;
- a well-resourced teaching environment with fantastic outside space including our own forest!
- regular and ongoing professional development opportunities internally and externally
- a supportive Senior Leadership Team committed to inclusion
- an opportunity to be part of a strong and dedicated staff team who are committed to high standards and creating an inclusive learning environment for all children
Please apply online
Closing date: 11th February 2022
Interviews held w/b: 25th February 2022
We are firmly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment.