At Hammersmith & Fulham, we are ambitious in reforming the council to ensure this is a place for everybody. Within the Resources department, our ambition is to be 'ruthlessly financially efficient' in everything that we do, to ensure that our residents and services are receiving the best value for money whilst challenging old-fashioned thinking, unfairness and removing waste where possible.
Do you have what it takes to help spearhead the delivery of our newly revamped Digital service?
Following a recent service redesign, Digital services has a number of exciting opportunities to join our high-performing team. Roles exist in Strategy, Applications & systems, Network & telephony, and Information management and security.
We want to deliver the digital and information services our residents and colleagues deserve, and we are looking to work with like-minded people who are passionate and committed to enabling public service transformation through technology, whilst ensuring the delivery of a seamless and effective operational IT service. Each team member is a key contributor to the successful delivery of our objectives and activities.
This is an exciting and challenging time to join H&F as we face an unprecedented level of technology enabled business change and transformation that Digital services will be at the forefront in supporting. Upcoming programmes include transformation of our infrastructure and IT equipment to enable new ways of working, to technically enabling the complete transformation of the way that residents access our services.
Together, you’ll help us deliver the council's priorities through the innovative provision of digital and information services.
You will drive transformation and integration with your small team of developers. You will develop, integrate, and support both new and existing products using a range of new and established technologies including RPA, .NET, low-code tools and the council’s Granicus govservice platform. You will guide the council in the acquisition, deployment and support of new tools and platforms.
Our mission is to be the best council. To do this we need the best people to help build our vision. Successful candidates will be self-motivated, able to communicate effectively at every level, and driven to challenge themselves and us as an organisation to be the best we can be.
If you’re looking to develop your career in a fast-paced, professional environment whilst making a difference, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Please refer to the Job Description for more information.
The role responsibilities are:
- Establish a well-supported operational service that is scalable and capable of meeting BAU and rolling programme development requirements.
- Understanding of both back and front office software and technology.
- Design and document integration solutions – including but not limited to application integrations.
- Providing technical assistance to trouble shoot and problem solve integration errors.
- Develop and direct others to develop integrations that include both internal and external systems e.g. central government systems e.g. DVLA and contractor Line of Business systems.
- Support Digital Services limited .NET development capability.
- Recommend procedural and technical changes to improve the quality and value of the service.
- Deputise for the Head of Applications and Systems where necessary.
Contact details for an informal discussion: William O’Connell, Head of Applications and Systems on 020 8753 4517 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 04 January 2022
Interview date: Week Commencing 17 January 2022