Newham PRUs comprise of Tunmarsh School, New Directions PRU and Phoenix Provision. We also manage and run education provisions at the Coborn Unit for Adolescent Mental Health.
We are seeking to appoint an Administrative Assistant to join our business team based at Tunmarsh School.
Skills, experience and attributes:
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are paramount as the successful candidate will be dealing with suppliers, staff and other stakeholders.
The successful candidate should have experience working within a school office/department and have knowledge and experience of SIMs.
Good ICT skills are essential for this role, including the use of Excel, Word and Outlook.
The candidate must be aware of Data Protection and confidentiality issues.
The main duties of this role include:
- Act as first point of contact for students and visitors attending the school, operating the secure access systems, vetting and controlling access to the school in accordance with safeguarding procedures, and answering the telephone.
- To deal with enquiries and communications from and to staff, parents, children, and members of the public and where relevant refer such enquiries to the relevant staff member as appropriate e.g. attendance, student absences etc.
- To be responsible for posting mail and parcels and distributing incoming mail and deliveries.
- To undertake administrative and clerical work as required including minute taking
- Input information and data onto a range of MIS e.g. SIMs, AFIT etc, to support the operational running of the school
- Order, monitor and manage stock, ensuring best value following the school’s purchasing processes
- Make payment by purchase card as required,
The successful candidate will be a flexible, proactive and enthusiastic individual who enjoys working in an environment which is not only varied but extremely busy. The role requires accuracy, reliability, integrity and an individual who is well organised, hard-working and can fulfil a wide range of administrative duties
We can offer:
- a competitive package of up to £19,486
- a supportive and dynamic leadership team and vibrant learning community
- a commitment to continuing professional development
Closing Date: 15th October 2021- Noon
Interview Date: week Commencing 18th October 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to show they share this commitment; enhanced criminal records bureau disclosure is required for all staff.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted & invited to attend interview.