Year 7 SEND Teacher/Transition Leader
MPS + 2 SEN Allowance + TLR2b
The Governing Body are looking to appoint an inspirational and self-motivated teacher to this varied and interesting position. If you are a dynamic, committed, and inspirational teacher who wants to make a difference to the lives and outcomes of Woodlane pupils we welcome your application.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an inspirational teacher passionate about raising school standards and achievements for pupils with special educational needs and disabilities in our Transition (Year 7/8) classes.
- A track record of making a difference to pupil progress and outcomes in a variety of subjects and beyond.
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner.
- Have knowledge of the National Curriculum and how to differentiate for SEND learners.
- Have a strong commitment to extra-curricular activity.
- Be able to support Woodlane's Dyslexia Friendly approach to raise the literacy standards of our pupils.
- Be able to use SLCN strategies to support teaching and learning.
- Have a keen interest or experience of leading transition activity.
- Be keen to share best practice with others through INSET/Outreach.
- Be someone who is highly organised.
- Be someone who is highly resilient.
- Be someone who puts safeguarding and child protection at the centre of practice.
Please see personal specification for full details.
The position will include:
- To lead and manage the transition of pupils coming into the school at secondary transfer.
- To lead and manage the transition of pupils joining the school in various year groups, including mid-year transfers.
- To lead and manage the transition of pupils leaving the school in various year groups.
- To support the Headteacher with consultations e.g. arranging trials/observations in other schools etc.
- To model best practice to colleagues including outstanding teaching and learning which leads to outstanding pupil outcomes.
- To create and update pen portraits accordingly.
- The leadership and teaching of transition classes.
- The teaching of a variety of subjects at KS3 level.
- Providing INSET to staff.
- The delivery of extra-curricular activity.
- Devising EHCPs and hosting Annual Review meetings.
Please see the job description for full details.
Woodlane High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Staff and governors are committed to the safeguarding and child protection of our children. An enhanced DBS disclosure will therefore be required for successful candidates. We will also require verified references, photographic identification and any necessary overseas eligibility to work in the UK.
You are strongly encouraged to visit our wonderful school (should current Covid rules allow).
We welcome applicants from any core subject area or Primary Teachers from mainstream or SEND schools, including strong NQTs.
Closing date: Monday 27th September 2021 – 09.00am
Shortlisting date: Monday 27th September 2021
Interview date: Thursday 30th September 2021
Position to start January 2022 or sooner if possible