HACTON PRIMARY SCHOOL
Essex RM12 6AU
Tel: 01708 443991
Headteacher: Mrs Emily Leslie
2015 OFSTED ‘Outstanding in all areas”
Salary: Grade 1/2 point 3 - 4. (£20,835 - £21,210 Full Time Equivalent)
Actual Salary: £7,425 - £7,559 per annum. Inclusive of Outer London Weighting
Hours: 15 hours per week. 39 weeks per year
Required as soon as possible
This position is initially available for ONE YEAR on a fixed term contract
Hacton Primary School is an oversubscribed and successful three form entry primary school, with its own 60 place Nursery and a Hearing Impaired Unit. We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Deaf Instructor who is willing to commit to the whole school ethos and contribute to the whole school community. This includes school trips and after school clubs.
The post is based within Hacton Primary School’s Provision for Hearing Impaired Children. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and preparing lessons/learning activities and delivering these on a 1:1 or small group basis with deaf children, and preparing and delivering deaf awareness sessions across the school to whole classes within the mainstream.
We are looking to appoint someone who possesses the following skills:
- Proficiency in British Sign Language either as a first language or at Level 6 or above.
- Experience working with deaf children.
- A level 3 award in Education and Training desirable
- Experience in delivering lessons in British Sign Language to adults and children.
- A willingness to attend and lead community events and courses during the evenings is essential.
- A calm, patient personality, highly organised and flexible:
- Enthusiastic and highly committed with excellent interpersonal skills; and
- Good team spirit
Hacton Primary School will offer you:
- Enthusiastic, well-motivated pupils who are eager to learn;
- Supportive and friendly staff;
- An opportunity to join an ambitious Multi Academy Trust;
- Flexible working opportunities;
- Non-contributory access to an Employee Assistance Programme to include 24-hour telephone access to a GP, counselling service and a legal helpline
- Cycle to work scheme; and
- Professional training if/when required
Deadline for applications:
Please forward your completed application to Mrs D Grix, HR Business Partner, email@example.com by Friday 9th October 2020.
Interviews will be held week commencing 19th October 2020.
Visits to the school are most welcome and can be arranged by calling the school office on 01708 443991 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hacton Primary School is committed to safer recruitment so all applicants must be prepared to undergo screening to confirm their suitability to work with children.
Hacton Primary School is an Equal Opportunities employer.