Salary: Soulbury Scale A 3-8, plus up to 3 SPA points.
The advertised salary is for full time work, the salary for part time will be calculated on a pro-rata basis.
Previously awarded SPA points will be honoured
Vacancies: 1 x Permanent/Part Time (18 hours)
London Borough of Enfield Educational Psychology Service (EPS) is seeking to appoint enthusiastic, creative and innovative Educational Psychologists (EPs) to our friendly and committed team.
Enfield EPS has a history in promoting and supporting children/young people’s emotional well-being and mental health and is a key partner within the London Borough of Enfield, alongside CAMHS, the NHS CCG and Public Health.
Enfield EPS offers a well-regarded traded offer to schools and promotes a consultation model of service delivery in supporting settings’ graduated response. Enfield views ‘consultation’ as working in collaboration with others to reach a shared understanding of the child/young person’s needs and what can enable their progress. Where appropriate, direct psychological assessment and/or intervention with the child/young person and discussions with parents and staff/partners may be contracted.
We have a welcoming and skilled team that are committed to providing a high-quality psychological service to children and young people in our communities. We offer:
- A structured induction;
- Excellent peer support, including a structured consultant led peer group supervision (on offer twice a term);
- Structured line management, professional supervision and appraisal;
- Continue professional development and training opportunities;
- Regular team meetings and structured team events, including joint learning days with CAMHS;
- Excellent ICT facilities (remote access laptop and smart phone) and accommodation;
- Opportunities to develop specialist interests;
- Enfield EPS & SEWS is committed to developing future leaders and managers and offers training opportunities and experiences in this area. The Council offers training programmes and there is a corporate agenda to develop future leaders of public services, e.g. Women into Leadership.
This post is open to:
- Year 3 Trainee Educational Psychologists who will be completing their Doctoral programme by September 2019.
- Year 2 Trainee Educational Psychologists.
Minimum requirements: Psychology degree (or BPS equivalent); professional qualification in Educational Psychology (doctorate, masters or equivalent); and registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (the latter only applies to qualified EPs). The post is subject to a DBS.
The successful applicants will be required to visit settings in Enfield and outside of the borough. Whilst a car is desirable, Enfield Council has invested in cycle lanes with bike hire available from the office base at Charles Babbage House https://new.enfield.gov.uk/news-and-events/council-trials-beryl-bikes/.
To read the full advert and find out more about the kind of work we do, please click the link below.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: Midnight 31st August 2019
Interview Date: 16th September
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Suzy Francis (Principal Educational Psychologist/Head of Service Educational Psychology and Emotional Well Being) email@example.com, or Sara Bierer (Senior Educational Psychologist) firstname.lastname@example.org, or Lauren Taylor (Senior Educational Psychologist) email@example.com.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Ecaterina Covalenco on 0208 379 5254 or firstname.lastname@example.org. A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.