The purposeof the role is to provide management of the Capital Programme Office andsupporting the Place Directorate in the effective delivery and management ofthe Council’s Capital Programme by:
- **Leading on and ensuring that consistent and effective capital programme-related project and programme management disciplines are maintained across Directorate Client Teams.
- **Governance processes are fully compliant with published capital programme guidance, procurement, legal and audit requirements.
- **Ensuring that Section 106 funding is awarded in full compliance with planning obligations in accordance with the purpose for contributions under s106 agreements.
- **Effectively managing change and delivering the objectives of the Place Directorate.
The postholder will manage the delivery and reporting of a range of projects andprogrammes of strategic significance across the Council and work withDirectorate Client Teams to ensure that specialist areas align with themonitoring and reporting procedures.
Responsiblefor and lead on the effective maintenance of the Council’s capital monitoringand reporting through all capital programme related boards and working groupsand ensure that working groups and boards are administered efficiently andeffectively.
Key responsibilities will alsoinclude:
- **To be responsible for ensuring that support is available to Directorate Clients for the timely preparation of Capital BIDs, Business Cases and Project Initiation Documentation (PIDs)
- **Responsibility for the effective maintenance and consistent use of the Council’s capital programme guidance, processes and procedures.
- **To represent the Directorate and chair as required at strategic and technical project and programme boards.
- **Managing relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that capital programme priorities are communicated and understood across Councils’ Directorates.
You willhave extensive experience of project and programme management in a capitalbuilds environment as well as managing and reporting on section 106 programmingand related delivery.
You willhave knowledge and understanding of a capital project’s lifecycle, and the keymilestones/tasks involved at design, procurement, construction, and operationphases.
You will have sufficientunderstanding of complex, political and financial issues to ensure thatinvestment decisions and the resulting technical delivery of the programmeprovides best value to the Borough and underpins the strategic aims of theCouncil whilst fully supporting Mayoral priorities.
You will be able to demonstrate extensiveexperience of:
- **Managing staff within a performance management framework;
- **Writing reports which are clear and accessible to a variety of audiences;
- **Building and maintaining positive working relationships both within the organisation and with external bodies. e.g. providers of professional services, on a partnership basis.