Bid Writer - Voluntary and Community Partnerships
Management Grouping: Place, Communities & Infrastructure
Team: Communities – Stronger Communities
Salary: £28,152 - £33,120
Contract: Permanent / 36 hours per week
Closing Date: 3rd July 2019
Job reference: PCI0000175
Bexley is looking to work closely with our voluntary and community sector to raise funds for joint projects and for community projects in Bexley.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and self-starting Bid Writer, who may have voluntary and community sector background.
You will be joining a creative team that values partnerships and that is committed to working directly with communities to help communities to support each other to stay safe and healthy.
You will bring to the role your excellent written and interpersonal skills. You will be a highly politically astute individual who is able to communicate with diplomacy and tact with a range of stakeholders; gathering support to help take forward shared bids.
You will be passionate about connecting people and resources in communities to create exciting community projects. You will also recognise the strategic importance of the Council building conversations with our voluntary and community sector to tackle shared challenges.
You will be at ease working on your own initiative and possess the drive to build successful working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders including residents, councillors, community leaders, voluntary and community organisations, housing associations, faith-leaders and statutory partners.
What we offer
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 25 days Annual Leave (rising to 28 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
We are putting community partnerships at the heart of everything we do.
- Closing Date for your application: 3rd July 2019
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated Interview date: 16th July 2019
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers