Curriculum Leader for Inclusion
To start September 2024
Main / Upper Scale plus TLR 1b - £11,413 per annum
We are seeking a motivated, highly organised, and enthusiastic member of staff to undertake the responsibility as Curriculum Leader Inclusion.
- To lead and develop the work of Inclusion staff in line with the Inclusion Policy positively supporting the aims and ethos of the school.
- To take responsibility, with the support of the Senior Leadership Team, for the day-to-day operation of the provision made by the school for students with SEND, EAL, PP and LAC.
- To provide professional guidance in the area of SEND in order to secure high quality teaching and the effective use of resources to bring about improved standards of achievement for all.
- To be the school’s designated teacher for looked-after and previously looked-after children.
- To be a Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead within the Safeguarding Team.
- To carry out the role of Pastoral/Wellbeing Team Lead within the School.
- To be a Line Manager for identified support staff.
- As part of the Leadership Team to develop, implement and review SEND, EAL and Student Premium strategies and policies.
- To take an active role in whole school improvement developments in line with school self-review and evaluation.
- To monitor and evaluate learning and teaching provision and progress made in achieving targets of identified students with additional needs and other vulnerable groups.
- To lead the development of colleagues through the provision of high quality professional development.
- To work closely with colleagues to develop, implement and review policies, practices and action plans which reflect the school’s commitment to high achievement and improving student outcomes.
- To work alongside the Deputy Headteacher, to oversee the provision for students in receipt of the Pupil Premium.
The Inclusion CL will have a teaching commitment and be expected to take responsibility and provide effective teaching and learning for allocated students determined on an annual basis by the Headteacher and in accordance with the duties listed above.
We believe that all of our students are capable of performing highly. Sydenham School can offer you a professional challenge and a rewarding opportunity, working with a collaborative Leadership Team that is passionate about the achievement and progress of every student in all areas.
If you are interested in an opportunity to build on established success an application pack can be downloaded from our website at:
Alternatively, further details can be obtained from our HR Department: 0208 699 6731 ext 423/ 476
The closing date for applications is 10.00 am on Monday 4^th March 2024
Interview date to be confirmed.
The school is committed to the promotion of equal opportunities and diversity. We have a clear commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Safeguarding is the ‘golden thread’ that runs through the school. The successful applicant will be required to complete an Enhanced Disclosure for the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as the Criminals Records Bureau).
Original evidence of right to work within the United Kingdom will be required prior to commencement of employment i.e. National Insurance Number, Work Permits or Indefinite Leave to Remain. If the applicant has lived/worked overseas for 12 months or more since the age of 18, they will also be required to obtain a Certificate of Good Conduct from the country(ies) they lived/worked in at their own expense and provide these for our records.