The Learning Federation
Mead Primary School
Amersham Rd, Harold Hill, RM3 9JD
Tel: 01708 343616
Teaching Assistant - Inclusions Team
Grade: Grade 1/2 spinal point 2-5
Hours: 32.5 hours per week x 38 weeks per year (not including inset days). 08:30 - 15:30 (30 minute unpaid lunch)
Salary: Pro Rata salary of £19,561 - £20,451 per annum (FTE £25,854 - £27,030 p.a.)
At The Learning Federation we believe that a child’s socio-economic background should not be a barrier to success. We passionately believe that children who attend Mead Primary school deserve the best education we can provide: we have fantastic pupils who are eager to learn and excited to turn up to school every day.
We achieve this because we expect all staff to make the education of their pupils their first concern, and be accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct. We expect staff to:
- act professionally
- be self-critical and forge positive professional relationships
- have a good knowledge and background in working with pupils on the SEND register
- work with parents in the best interests of our pupils.
We are looking to appoint a hardworking and dedicated person to join our Inclusions Team and support specific pupils with special educational needs, disabilities or challenging behaviour.
Your role will be to enhance the learning and life skills of the children in a way which is individualised to their specific needs. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience and be able to adapt their supporting methods to suit varying levels of need as required.
You will be a positive, proactive team player who enjoys a challenge and has a good level of education. Experience of the following is desirable:
- Recognising triggers and de-escalating situations
- Use of visual timetables
- Use of the Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- Use of Speech and Language Programmes
- Use of personalised schedules
We can offer you:
- Well behaved, hardworking and enthusiastic pupils;
- An inspiring, supportive school community;
- A commitment to a culture of continuous professional development
This is an exciting opportunity for an inspirational TA to take on a crucial role within our expanding vibrant school. The successful candidate should be an outstanding professional brimming with enthusiasm to make a real difference to the life chances of our pupils.
Please note that in line with KCSIE 2022, the school will conduct a pre employment internet search on all shortlisted candidates.
Please apply online
Closing date: 15th February 2023