Contract length: 18 Months
Qualification: Business Administration level 3
Assisting the Project Officer and Team in the co-ordination of the reception area at Euston Skills Centre ensuring each person’s visit is a positive one.
Responsible for the switchboard for the Euston Skills Centre ensuring that all calls are directed appropriately and messages logged and passed on.
Assisting the Project Officer in the day to day administration of Euston Skills Centre ensuring the employability team have administration support in their day to day duties.
- To develop customer service and communication skills in order to provide the first point of contact for Euston Skills Centre by welcoming visitors in person, answering telephone calls, responding to emails and written correspondence.
- To organise the reception area for the Euston Skills Centre ensuring it is a user friendly space and a positive experience for callers and customers visiting the centre and ensure that displays and publicity materials are up to date and relevant.
- To assist the Project Officer with the day-to-day management of operational tasks and monitoring of results.
- To develop excellent administration skills to ensure that accurate monitoring information is submitted to set deadlines by the Euston Skills Centre team and associated programme partners.
- Demonstrate a full commitment to and progress with successfully completing the Business Administration Apprenticeship.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of Camden Council policies and procedures and practical application of the Camden Ways of Working to best service Council customers.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of the work carried out by Euston Skills Centre to be able to provide advice to people using the service.
- Keep an accurate record of all contacts with customers by using and managing in-house IT systems and paper systems in operation.
- Actively participate in discussions on issues that involve the team, the service or the wider Council, helping to provide insights into opportunities and solutions and review systems to improve the service provided.
- Draft routine correspondence and respond to basic requests for information from internal and external customers.
- Develop general office administration skills and carry out activities, including: record keeping, minute taking, franking of post, filing (electronically as well as hard copies), invoice processing, stationery supplies, photocopying, and general facilities management.
- Represent the Council when attending meetings and conferences, presenting a professional manner at all times.
Note: All Camden employees are expected to be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to their post and may be asked to perform other duties.
The apprentice will be expected to work flexibly since some evening and weekend work may be required. The apprentice will be required to be flexible and should adapt to changing priorities in the following context.
- To be responsible for ensuring a professional user-friendly reception.
- To be responsible for assisting the Project Officer in supporting the development and maintenance of a customised management information system for Euston Skills Centre.
- To be responsible for maintaining an effective reception area.
- To assist the Project Officer and Project Support Officer to prepare and present written reports.
- Knowledge of MS Office; specifically Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Knowledge of Camden Council and its range of services.
- A strong commitment toward successfully completing the Apprenticeship qualification.
- Ability to develop excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to learn and apply excellent administration skills.
- A positive attitude towards teamwork and being able to work well with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with internal and external customers to resolve all types of enquiries.
- Ability to maintain a consistent standard of reliability and time keeping.
- Experience of working with others in a formal or informal team setting.
- Experience of organising own workload in a work environment or a social/personal environment.
- A minimum of Grade C in English and Maths GCSE or the equivalent. In the absence of this, candidates may be tested.
- Knowledge of Construction sector.
- Knowledge of project management.
- Ability to respond flexibly to diverse and difficult customers.
- Ability to work hard and show persistence to achieve goals.
- Experience of working with diverse customers.
- Experience of filing documentation in an easily accessible manner.
To apply for this role, you must:
- Be a 16+ years old, Camden resident or Camden care leaver, former Camden Secondary school student.
- Have a real desire to work and learn and complete the apprenticeship qualification.
- You must NOT already have a level 3 qualification or higher in Business Administration.
- Not be an overseas national subject to employment or learning restrictions and/or a time or a limit on my stay (other than a refugee or asylum seeker)
- Be ordinarily resident in the England, EU or EAA for at least the previous three years before the start of the programme.
- Not be attending any other school, Further Education or Higher Education institution.
Important note - role may close early if we get enough suitable applications, those interested in the role are encouraged to apply ASAP.
Camden care leavers and people with learning difficulties or disabilities will be prioritised for final interviews provided they meet the minimum requirements of the role.
Camden is committed to making our recruitment practices barrier-free and as inclusive as possible for everyone. This includes making adjustments or changes for people who have a disability or long-term health condition and finding out if part time work options are available. If this affects you, please contact us to discuss at firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to ensure that our communities are represented across our apprenticeship scheme. A vital part of this is ensuring we are a truly inclusive service that encourages diversity in all respects, including diversity of thinking. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and those of Other Ethnicities, LGBT+, disabled and neurodiverse communities to make a real difference to our residents so that equalities and justice remains at the heart of everything we do.
Asking for Adjustments
Camden Apprenticeships is committed to making our recruitment practices barrier-free and as accessible as possible for everyone. This includes, making adjustments or changes for disabled people, neuro-diverse people or people with long-term health conditions. If you have would like us to do anything differently during the application, interview or assessment process, including providing information in an alternative format, please let us know on your registration form in the section about reasonable adjustments. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com or call 02079748778 to discuss.