Temporary to 19th July 2024
Ronald Openshaw Nursery School are looking for someone to support teachers and pupils in the delivery of quality teaching and learning through play with children with SEND.
- To assist pupils within the setting, individually or in small groups, to enable them to make progress towards their next learning steps.
- To ensure that health, safety and behaviour policies are maintained.
- Supervise and support pupils in the learning environment including more in depth support to meet individual needs, to promote independence, inclusion, acceptance and equality of access.
- Work as part of the SEND team, under the direction of the SENDCo.
- Write observations on the children’s learning to support keyworkers.
You will need
- A level 2 or 3 TA or Nursery Nurse qualification is desirable, or experience in a similar role.
- Skilled at making and sustaining positive relationships with children.
- Experience of working closely with parents in successful home-school partnerships.
- A working knowledge of relevant and effective SEND interventions and how to support pupils with SEND.
- Able to stimulate children’s interest in learning through play.
- Capable of delivering intervention work and maintaining appropriate records.
- Knowledge and understanding of how children learn.
What we can offer you
- An open and collaborative working environment.
- Ongoing support from a friendly and experienced team of SEND staff.
- Access to in house and external training.
Visits to the nursery are welcomed and encouraged, please call to arrange a visit.
Please see the job brief for more details.
Closing Date: Midday Thursday 30/11/2023
Interviews: Monday 04/12/2023