Required from 22nd January until 25th October 2024
Situated in the heart of East Ham Plashet is a comprehensive 11 - 16 girls’ school of 1,500 students. Our Progress 8 score for 2023 is +0.67 which placed us in the top 8% of schools nationally. Plashet is a school that maximises opportunities for our students to develop academically and socially in an environment that is stimulating, caring and supportive. We are proud of our inclusive ethos, which we expect all staff to embrace.
We are looking to appoint a creative Teacher of Design Technology with a real passion for teaching and learning to cover for a colleague on maternity leave. The ability to teach textiles and food is essential. The successful candidate will have a firm commitment to a range of extra-curricular enrichment activities.
Plashet School offers:
- A high achieving, over-subscribed girl’s school producing excellent rates of student progression and examination results.
- A happy school where students want to learn and staff are able to inspire and support students to develop.
- A stimulating and academically challenging learning environment where we as staff are as active in, and committed to, learning as our students.
- A professional environment that is focused on maintaining staff wellbeing.
- Tailored professional development and training.
- The opportunity to work in a highly regarded school and as part of a strong and stable staff team.
The successful applicant will have:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- An unerring commitment to comprehensive education.
- A strong commitment to their personal and professional development.
- The commitment to make a positive contribution to the school’s ethos.
Plashet School welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.
Plashet School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff, visitors and volunteers to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks. Following safer recruitment procedures, the appointment will be subject to satisfactory references, online search, medical clearance and enhanced DBS checks.
All applicants must be able to provide evidence of their Right to Work in the UK prior to commencement of employment. As part of our need to comply with UK immigration rules, you will be required to provide Home Office stipulated documentation prior to interview.
Due to the nature of this role, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. In making your application, it is essential you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are ‘spent’ under the provision of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up; any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, bind-over or caution has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this appointment.
For further details and application documents please go to our website or alternatively contact Noreen Malik, HR Manager via email@example.com
Application Deadline: 9.00am on Friday 1st December 2023.
Please note: Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to interview, appoint and close the advert early depending on the volume of applications we receive. We therefore encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment. We will only be contacting those candidates who have been selected to progress to the next stage of the process.