This post is responsible for delivering a high-quality service to a new and exciting organisation, the Shared ICT Service for the London Boroughs of Brent, Lewisham, Southwark and the LGA. Specifically, the post holder is responsible for the administration of on-premises and cloud MSSQL Clusters and database servers across the estate.
The post will also be expected to provide DBA support across other systems, training will be provided where necessary.
We are looking for someone with excellent technical and professional skills. You will understand what makes business and support functions great and you'll contribute to our developing culture of excellent customer service. You will be cognisant of the impact that IT has on the many services across Local Government. You will also be highly motivated and self-managing.
We are looking for someone to be at the forefront of delivery and development of the databases services and IT Applications. The successful candidate will provide a senior point of escalation and IT expertise.
You are a high calibre senior SQL Database Administrator (DBA) with the following skills and experience:
• Successful track record of enterprise scale SQL database and application migrations, engaging with business stakeholders and vendors.
• In-depth knowledge of SQL 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019, Azure and migration tools.
• Able to administer, support, maintain and document demanding complex SQL environments.
• Building SQL Enterprise clusters to provide Disaster Recovery/High Availability via Always-On availability groups.
• Security patching of clustered environments.
• Maintaining appropriate SQL alerting, monitoring and health checks.
• Adaptable, flexible, and able to deliver in a busy, pressurised environment.
Duties will include consolidating SQL servers and migrating databases across multiple environments on a large scale.
We encourage people to continually develop their own skillset and will support this.
Brent offers flexible working and encourages Staff to work at least a few days in the office or as and when the need arises
If you are interested in applying for this job, please start by clicking the "Apply Now" button below. You must provide a supporting statement as part of your application that clearly shows how you meet the criteria on the Person Specification. We will accept a CV in support of your application, however, you should still provide a supporting statement.
Brent Council values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this and therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community. We positively encourage all applicants to self-identify their characteristics in the diversity survey section in the application.