Tel: 01708 225186
Head Teacher: Mrs N Sansom
SEN Teaching Assistant (Year 5)
Hours : 20 hours per week, 39 weeks per year, 5 days per week Monday - Friday 8.45am - 14.00pm including 15 minute unpaid break and 1 hour lunch break
Possible additional intervention hours, 39 weeks per year, 5 days per week Monday - Friday 14:00 - 15:00pm until end of July 2024
Grade: 1/2 Point 2-5 plus TA2 Allowance of £408 FT (20 hours £194 or 25 hours £243 pro rata p.a.)
Salary : £25,854 - £27,030 per annum (20 hours £12,341 - £12,902 pro rata p.a. or 25 hours £15,426 - £16,127 pro rata p.a.)
Contract : Temporary until end of July 2024
Start Date: ASAP
As a SEND Teaching Assistant, you will be prepared to work in a challenging but enjoyable work environment and will be joining a supportive team committed to inclusion.
You will work closely with a named child. You will support this child with accessing their learning within the Year 5 classroom as well as carrying out specific intervention 1:1 or in small groups.
Experience of working with children with SEND and delivering intervention is desirable.
The successful candidate will:
- be a proactive, positive role model for pupils
- ideally have some experience of working one to one with children
- be committed, flexible and reliable
- work well in a team with a consistent positive attitude
- work under the direction of the class teacher, whilst also showing initiative to tailor learning experiences to the needs of the child
- be passionate about working with children with Special Educational Needs & Disabilities
- show empathy and communicate effectively with pupil, parents and staff.
Please apply online.
Closing Date: Friday 24th November 2023
Interview Date: Week commencing 27th November 2023
Branfil is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all staff are required to undergo Enhanced DBS checks. References and online checks will be completed for shortlisted candidates prior to interview.