Tel: 01708 225186
Head Teacher: Mrs N Sansom
SEN Teaching Assistant (Year 4)
Hours : 15 hours per week, 39 weeks per year 5 days per week Monday - Friday 9.00am - 12.15pm including 15 minute unpaid break
Grade: 1/2 Point 2-5 plus TA2 Allowance of £408 FT £146.06 pro rata p.a.
Salary : £25,854 - £27,030 per annum (£9,255 - £9,676 pro rata p.a.)
Contract : Temporary until end of March 2024 (possibility of new contract in new financial year)
Start Date: ASAP
As a SEND Teaching Assistant, you will be prepared to work in a challenging but enjoyable work environment and will be joining a supportive team committed to inclusion.
As a Year 4 Teaching Assistant, you will play a key role in supporting the learning of pupils 1 to 1 and in small groups within the classroom. In addition, this role would involve providing additional intervention outside of the classroom under the direction of the class teacher.
Experience of working with children with SEND and delivering intervention is desirable.
The successful candidate will:
- be a proactive, positive role model for pupils
- ideally have some experience of working one to one with children
- be committed, flexible and reliable
- work well in a team with a consistent positive attitude
- work under the direction of the class teacher, whilst also showing initiative to tailor learning experiences to the needs of the child
- be passionate about working with children with Special Educational Needs & Disabilities
- show empathy and communicate effectively with pupil, parents and staff.
Please apply online.
Closing Date: Friday 24th November 2023
Interview Date: Week commencing 27th November 2023
Branfil is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all staff are required to undergo Enhanced DBS checks. References and online checks will be completed for shortlisted candidates prior to interview.