Curriculum Manager: Computing
£46,096- £48,270 per annum incl. London Weighting Allowance
Full Time, Permanent
United Colleges Group are currently seeking to recruit for a Curriculum Manager for Computing
United Colleges Group, formed in 2017, has continued to provide strong education and skills support to the 16,000 learners who we serve every year. We have around 1,000 dedicated, skilled and enthusiastic staff who always put the needs of our students first and we are now looking for a Curriculum Manager for Computing to join our cohort of dedicated staff.
UCG have recently reviewed its leadership and management to better reflect our aspirations around the world of work by creating a series of Career Clusters and a Development & Innovation area led by 8 Assistant Principals, who were appointed at the beginning of the academic year.
We are now looking to invest further in our leadership and management and are now seeking additional Curriculum Management to support the Assistant Principals and lead the transformational change that is required to meet the needs of our students.
The Computing Willesden curriculum area has provision that ranges from L1 through to L5, working with young people and adults, this is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is passionate about supporting helping improve young people and local adult’s lives. Digital skills are the fulcrum of every industry and this is echoed though each level delivered within the curriculum area. As a potential applicant you will be working within a supportive Career cluster, striving for the best for each student.
The Curriculum Manager will develop Teaching, Learning and Assessment improvement strategies in pursuit of an outstanding student experience. The Curriculum Manager will also lead and be responsible for the performance management of direct reports in order to achieve consistently high outcomes.
The Curriculum Manager for Computing
- Hold a teaching qualification or equivalent
- Have a track record of operational leadership and management in a Further Education setting
- Have experience of supporting the development of staff, in both the vocational area and learning and teaching
- Have experience of recruitment, induction and guidance of students
- Have experience of contributing to effective curriculum planning, design and development
- Have experience leading and managing staff and effective budget management
- Have experience in leading and/or coordinating enhancements in quality in the delivery of curriculum
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Have a commitment to meeting the needs of the learners, employers and communities that the College serves
- Have a strong commitment to the College’s values and mission and equality and diversity for both staff and students
In return, the Group offers generous annual leave, a defined-benefit pension scheme, an interest-free season ticket loan, cycle scheme, free sight tests, enhanced maternity and paternity leave schemes and many other benefits.
If you’re ready to join a Group that has the resources to develop the talents of both students and staff, you can find more information on this role and details on how to apply by visiting the “Work With Us” section on our website.
The College is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to full-vetting procedures including an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services Check.