Permanent – Full Time
An excellent opportunity has arisen within the London Borough of Redbridge for an experienced Employment Lawyer to join the Council to provide a comprehensive and professional legal service in this area.
You will report to the Principal Lawyer – Litigation within the Legal Department. You will also work closely with other Council departmental clients such as Human Resources and specialist departments.
You will provide the Council with expert advice and guidance on aspects of employment law specifically in the context of the public sector and maintained schools and have extensive experience in the conduct of Employment Tribunal claims and the preparation of documents relevant to both contentious and non-contentious matters.
- Provide expertise and knowledge of employment law particularly in relation to the public sector and maintained schools and provide advice and guidance and practical assistance on employment law in the areas of local government and satellite bodies.
- Conduct a full range of work types in this area.
- Utilising skills and experience gained within a similar position, you will report to the Principal Lawyer (Litigation) and will have your own complex and varied caseload.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Hold a Solicitor, Barrister, FILEX or similar qualification
- Have experience of employment law, preferably in a local government context
- Excellent knowledge of the law and practice in the areas of employment law
- Experience of managing a wide and varied workload of contentious and non-contentious employment law related matters with minimal supervision
If you feel you meet the above requirements and are keen to join an ambitious, dynamic and innovative team, we would like to hear from you.
To apply forthis role, please visit https://ce0320li.webitrent.com/ce0320li_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID=556625aFZh&WVID=958433OaLq or click on the 'apply online' button.
All short-listed applicants will need to demonstrate proof of right to work in the UK. At the London Borough of Redbridge, we receive a high volume of great-quality applicants, we therefore may close a vacancy earlier than advertised. Early applications are therefore encouraged.
We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment and welcome applications from qualified applicants regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sex, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, colour, race, religion, or belief.