SEND History Subject Leader
MPS/UPS + 1/2 SEND Allowance (£34,502 to £53,482 pa + £1,192 pa)
The Governing Body are looking to appoint an inspirational and self-motivated teacher to this varied and interesting position. If you are a dynamic, committed, and inspirational teacher who wants to make a difference to the lives and outcomes of Woodlane pupils we welcome your application.
What we can offer you:
- Wonderful pupils who are keen to learn.
- A friendly and supportive team.
- A knowledgeable and motivated team.
- Varied and interesting INSET.
- The opportunity to participate in our ‘teacher flexible working approach’ trial, where a full-time teacher is timetabled and expected in school for 4 days a week (conditions apply, please discuss with Headteacher – see draft policy).
- Currently, a free breakfast and lunch when you eat with the pupils.
- 1 annual sanity day (which can be used for personal or work-related activity).
The successful candidate will:
- Be an inspirational teacher passionate about raising school standards and achievements for pupils with special educational needs and disabilities in History.
- A track record of making a difference to pupil progress and outcomes in History and beyond.
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner.
- Have knowledge of the National Curriculum and how to differentiate for SEND learners.
- Have a strong commitment to extra-curricular activity.
- Be able to support Woodlane's Dyslexia Friendly approach to raise the literacy standards of our pupils.
- Be able to use SLCN strategies to support teaching and learning.
- Be keen to share best practice with others through INSET/Outreach.
- Be someone who is highly organised.
- Be someone who is highly resilient.
- Be someone who puts safeguarding and child protection at the centre of practice.
Please see personal specification for full details.
The position will include:
- The leadership and teaching of History at KS3 and KS4 level.
- Some teaching of RE/Geography.
- The potential to teach a range of subjects at KS3 and KS4.
- Teaching and preparing pupils for various relevant qualifications in History.
- Providing INSET to staff where required.
- The delivery of extra-curricular activity.
Please see the job description for full details.
Woodlane High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Staff and governors are committed to the safeguarding and child protection of our children. An enhanced DBS disclosure will therefore be required for successful candidates. We will also require verified references, photographic identification and any necessary overseas eligibility to work in the UK.
You are strongly encouraged to visit.
For further information and an application pack please contact Brigid Simmons, School Business Manager via email email@example.com
We welcome applicants from Humanities, English, Primary Teachers from mainstream or SEND schools, including strong NQTs.
Closing date: Monday 27th November 2023 - 9:00am
Shortlisting date: Monday 27th November 2023
Interview date: Tuesday 5th December 2023
Position to start April 2024 or January 2024 if possible.