QUALIFIED SOCIAL WORKERS, SENIOR SOCIAL WORKERS, ASSISTANT TEAM MANAGERS, TEAM MANAGERS
SEND CV TO: CHILDRENSSOCIALWORKERRECRUITMENT@NEWHAM.GOV.UK
QUALIFIED SOCIAL WORK TALENT POOL – CHILDREN’S
If you are a qualified social worker, senior social worker, or social work manager who is considering practising with us at Newham we’d love to hear from you.
Please declare interest by email to be added to our QSW talent pool and we will let you know when suitable vacancies become available.
We’re interested in speaking to qualified social work staff at all levels:
- Social Workers (£42,715 - £51,857)
- Senior Social Workers (£51,857 - £54,890)
- Assistant Team Managers (£53,867 - £56,903)
- Team Managers (£56,903 - £59,975)
- Note for NQSWs – our ASYE programme will reopen to applications in 2024.
Join us as we make more and more progress towards becoming a centre of excellence for Children’s Services.
WHY WORK WITH US?
Click here to view our recruitment video.
- We’re a GOOD local authority set on becoming a centre of excellence for Children’s Services.
- Ofsted reported that we have OUTSTANDING senior leadership.
- Stability: 100% of our Service Managers and 71% of Team Managers are permanent.
- Our practice model, Circles of Support, was recently nominated for the prestigious MJ Award for Innovation in Children’s Services.
- Restorative, reflective, conscientious systemic practice.
- We offer genuine flexible working, with no more than 2 days in the office per week.
- Career progression; we’ve promoted 37 internal colleagues in the past 2 years.
- Social Care Academy – 47 social workers have studied for systemic higher education with us since 2020.
- Our social workers have support from our in-house clinical team and from specialist practice development social workers.
HOW THE TALENT POOL WORKS – HOW TO DECLARE INTEREST
1. Send your CV and contact details by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Make sure your email informs us of your desired teams/services and your career level.
3. We will let you know if/when we have a vacancy that matches your interest.
4. You apply for the relevant job.
Please make sure you follow point number 2 and specify your career level and the teams/services you have interest in – this is really important so we can contact you about relevant vacancies. We will only contact you about vacancies as specified – no junk mail. Our current teams and services are below:
- Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
- Assessment Service
- Safeguarding and Intervention Service
- Children in Care Service
- Leaving Care Service
- Fostering Service (SGO and Supervising SWs)
- Contextual Safeguarding Service (Edge of Care, Exploitation, Children at risk)
- DCYPS (Children with Disabilities SW Service)
We look forward to hearing from you.
Any questions? Please get in touch by email: email@example.com.
Ofsted report September 2022
Circles of Support – Our Practice Framework
WE ARE GOOD!
Social worker JD
Senior Social Worker JD
Assistant Team Manager JD
Team Manager JD
In sending us your CV you permit us to hold your details only for the purpose of informing you about upcoming vacancies. Data will not be used for any other purpose.
We are committed to creating an inclusive, anti-racist environment for all. When you apply for a job at Newham, your application is considered on its merits regardless of your age, disability, ethnicity, faith, gender identity or sexual orientation. If you share our vision and values, and you bring the experience and skills we need, that’s all that matters to us.
The London Borough of Newham has important responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. If you are appointed to a job that involves working with these groups, you may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Please note that data submitted by email will only be used for recruitment purposes and in submitting this data you are authorising us to contact you. Future removal from the Talent Pool can be requested by emailing childrenssocialworkerrecruitment@Newham.gov.uk.
The personal information we have collected from you will be shared with Cifas who will use it to prevent fraud, other unlawful or dishonest conduct, malpractice, and other seriously improper conduct. If any of these are detected you could be refused certain services or employment. Your personal information will also be used to verify your identity. Further details of how your information will be used by us and Cifas, and your data protection rights, can be found by https://www.cifas.org.uk/fpn.