Full Time, fixed term until December 31st, 2025
Redbridge is an ambitious, diverse and exciting east-London borough. What we do is driven by changing our relationship with local people to support our vision. As a result, we've developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council.
We're one of the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, relatively affordable housing, high-quality open space and rapid transport connections into the heart of the City.
Redbridge Mental Health Support Team (MHST) are looking to recruit a Clinical Supervisor.
For this role we are welcoming applicants from various backgrounds namely:
• Educational & Clinical Psychologists
• Social Workers
• Systemic Family Therapists
We are open to shaping the role depending on professional expertise.
What is an MHST?
MHSTs are a national initiative in response to the Government’s plans to transform children and young people’s mental health provision.
MHSTs have three core functions:
• Delivering evidence-based interventions for children and young people with mild-moderate mental health difficulties
• Supporting the senior mental health lead in the delivery of their whole school/college approach
• Giving timely advice to school and college staff and signposting to external specialist services
In Redbridge we believe that we are an innovative service that responds directly to our local needs. Our MHST sits within a well-established team of Educational Psychologists (EPs) who are committed to achieving positive outcomes for children and young people in diverse and often challenging situations. Within the EPS our MHST works alongside Redbridge Educational Well-Being Team (REWT) a creative and well-regarded team providing universal whole school support to our schools. Our MHST offers a consultation model of service delivery which values a systemic and relational approach.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an applicant who is passionate about supporting early intervention around children and young people’s mental health.
The main duties of the role involve:
• Supervising Education Mental Health Practitioners who deliver low-intensity CBT based guided self-help interventions to children, young people and their families. This includes group supervision and individual case management supervision.
• Providing whole school mental health support to school staff and the wider community. This may include a range of work from training and projects to parent/carer support and borough wide campaigns.
• Delivering evidence-based intervention directly to children, young people and their families, both individually and in groups.
Applicants will need to hold a post graduate diploma in the Children and Young People’s Mental Health Supervision or be willing to undertake the one year Post Graduate Diploma at a London University alongside the role.
Redbridge is an attractive place to work for the following reasons:
• We are a dynamic, friendly, and supportive team who meet regularly to share practice and enable whole team development.
• We offer an induction programme tailored to your needs, career development support and an annual service CPD programme.
• The MHST is a relatively new service, applicants will have the opportunity to shape and develop the service.
• Redbridge is situated in the north east of London offering the advantages of rapid transport links to Central London and easy access to the M11. The London Borough of Redbridge is currently undergoing a regeneration project which includes the development of Cross Rail links.
• We have strong university links with the University of East London, The Tavistock and Portman and Kings College London
For informal inquiries please contact MHST Co-ordinator Dr Ann-Marie Cryan at firstname.lastname@example.org
To applyfor this role, please visit https://ce0320li.webitrent.com/ce0320li_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID=074021Zy6p&WVID=958433OaLq
All short-listed applicants will need to demonstrate proof of right to work in the UK. At the London Borough of Redbridge, we receive a high volume of great-quality applicants, we therefore may close a vacancy earlier than advertised. Early applications are therefore encouraged.
We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment and welcome applications from qualified applicants regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sex, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, colour, race, religion, or belief.