Grade 3- £24804 -£26472pa
The key objectives are to:
- Carry out grounds, facilities and equipment maintenance to agreed standards and deliver high levels of customer satisfaction
- Implement new planting schemes and associated landscaping to enhance the appearance of the grounds
- Assist members of the public, the bereaved and funeral professionals courteously with basic enquiries
- Collect, deliver and dispose of goods, waste and equipment to agreed procedures.
- Accurately update internal records, either manually or using basic ICT systems.
- Supplement funeral and memorial operational activities under the supervision of trained staff.
Respond flexibly and positively to any unplanned activities, service improvements and customer care initiatives in a timely and professional manner.
Please view Job Profile here
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Ashley.Smith@havering.gov.uk
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 24th September 2023 however interest in this job may be high and we therefore reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
You will be notified if your application has been successful. Interview date to be confirmed.
Should you require any help or advice with your online application, please contact the Recruitment Helpdesk on 01708 432770
We want everyone to choose Havering. When you apply for a job with us, your application is considered on its merits regardless of your age, disability, ethnicity, faith, gender identity or sexual orientation. Our residents and service users come from all walks of life, and so do our employees. Find out what it means to Choose Havering.
The London Borough of Havering has important responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. If you are appointed to a job that involves working with these groups, you may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Please attach your supporting statement, explaining in no more than x2 A4 sides why and how you meet the criteria for this role.
We practice anonymised recruitment. Please ensure that you remove all personal information from any documents that you upload.