Harold Wood Primary School
Headteacher: Mr Stuart Fryd
Telephone: 01708 345473
Midday Assistant (SEN Support)
Hours: 6.25 hpw/38 weeks per year + HOLS (1 hour 15 minutes per day)
Salary: Grade 1/2, points 2-5 £3,437 - £3,608 pro rata. (FTE £23,628 - £24,804 p.a.)
Start Date: ASAP
Harold Wood Primary School is looking to recruit a caring and committed individual to provide support during the lunchtime period.
A vacany has arisen in our school for a lunchtime assistant for children with Special Educational Needs to join our lunchtime team and help to develop our school ethos.
Duties will include:
- Supporting pupils with communication and interaction difficulties.
- Supporting pupils with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
- Enforcing positive behaviour and positive social interaction.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate that they have:
- A nurturing, though firm, approach. This is essential, and previous experience of working with challenging children would be beneficial.
- A patient attitude towards pupils.
- Confident with challenging behaviour.
Based in a superb environment with attractive grounds, Harold Wood Primary School is a successful school with supportive governors and friendly pupils. Partnership is a way of life here and our mission statement is “Working together. Learning together. Respecting each other. To REACH our personal best”.
You will be joining a friendly, supportive and hardworking team. We are committed to high expectations of behaviour.
Please apply online.
Closing Date: Friday 29th September 2023 - 4pm
Interview Date: TBC
We are firmly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. References will be taken up for successful candidates prior to interview.