Required for November 2023
Contract: Two years temporary
Oliver Thomas Nursery School is a popular, inclusive and successful school serving a vibrant, diverse community in the heart of East Ham. We offer 180 part time nursery places for 3 and 4 year olds and 32 places for 2 year olds. Our work is fully integrated with our children’s centre services. Together we work in partnership with other agencies, local settings and schools to ensure the very best outcomes for children and families. We have recently become a resource provision for children with profound and multiple learning difficulties.
We are seeking to appoint qualified early years educator who is:
- committed to an inclusive play based approach within which children lead their own learning
- someone who is keen to support a child with special educational needs
- experienced in, and passionate about working with 2, 3 and 4 year olds
- convinced of the importance of working in partnership with mums, dads and carers
- skilled at creating a positive learning environment through excellent team work
- reflective in their practice and interested in their professional development
What we can offer you:
- Friendly, challenging and supportive staff and governing body
- A school with high aspirations for all our children and families
- The opportunity to develop your professional skills and experience
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school to make an appointment.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 8th October 2023
Interviews: Week beginning 16th October 2023
The schools in Newham are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A disqualification declaration questionnaire will be required for this post and online checks.
How to Apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the JGP Support Team. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.