Waltham Forest is an ambitious Borough. Driven by culture and the innate creativity of our residents, we have developed new and innovative ways to build our communities. Our Council is tenaciously resident-focused, insight-led, digitally driven and commercially minded. Bursting with culture, energy, and opportunity, Waltham Forest is a place where people want to live, raise a family, and start a business.
It’s also a fantastic place to work and develop your professional skills. To deliver on our ambitious agenda, we have a number of high-profile political priorities which we are looking to accelerate. To support this work, we are recruiting a Transport Client Manager on a permanent contract.
As Transport Client Manager you will lead, develop and operationally manage the Transport Team to ensure quality & value for money at all times, representing the council, and acting as the first point of contact for our Low Hall Depot. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is professionally qualified to run a fleet of vehicles.
To be successful in this role you will have a positive, can-do approach, be resilient, initiative-taking, and able to work with agility in a pressurised political environment. You will have experience in a fleet management role, have excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to creatively and positively find solutions to problems.
It is a fast-paced role in a dynamic and agile team, working across council services, partnerships, and activities. You will be expected to work closely with Depot colleagues as well as across the wider Council, often responding at short notice to Council needs.
- Professionally qualified to run a fleet of vehicles; Hold a certificate of professional competence in National Road Haulage / Operators Licence or a recognised professional certificate entitling exemption.
- Support with the management of provider relationships and ensure the delivery of high-quality, cost-effective services deliver positive outcomes for Waltham Forest residents and the Council.
- Lead on the procurement of vehicles on behalf of the Council’s internal departments to agreed specification; deliver value for money.
- Manage the vehicle maintenance facility for the Council’s vehicles and ensure compliance with all vehicle maintenance arrangements.
- Monitor all diver qualifications and training ensuring drivers conform with driving regulations.
- Responsibility for the safe running of the depot ensuring it is a safe place to work, carry out & record regular inspections, chair regular safety meetings and have a good working relationship with Property Services/Facilities Management.
How to Apply
Application Information The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can arrange an alternative.
For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council
Click here for further information on the Human Resources recruitment privacy notice.