La Salette Catholic Primary School
Tel: 01708 555554
Headteacher: Mr. A.S Wilson
Learning Support Teaching Assistant
Hours: 30 hours per week/38 weeks per year
Contract: Temporary Termly Contract
Salary: Scale 3, points 5-6. Pro Rata Salary £17,323 - £17,608 p.a. (FTE £24,804 - £25,212 p.a.)
Start Date: To be agreed depending on notice period required (Start date from 30th October 2023)
La Salette Catholic Primary School is a vibrant, child-centred and welcoming school. We are looking for a member of staff to work as part of our dedicated team in raising standards for our children and bringing them to their full potential. The role is primarily supporting ASD and high needs children across the school. The successful applicant will be flexible, versatile and must have experience of supporting high needs children.
- To work under the direct instruction of teaching staff and/or SENco, to support access to learning for pupils.
- Supporting & Delivering Learning – work with individuals or small groups of pupils under the direct supervision of teaching/senior staff and provide feedback to the teacher.
- Behaviour/Guidance/Support – support pupils to understand instructions, support independent learning and inclusion of all pupils.
- Curriculum Resource Support – under the direction/instruction of teaching/senior staff to provide general support to staff and pupils, including preparation, and routine maintenance and creation of resources/equipment.
- Organisation – Recording progress information for individuals or groups against SEN targets or specific learning goals.
- Preparation/routine maintenance or creation of materials/equipment for special needs children/groups.
- Support/supervision of pupils in lessons.
- Recording of evidence of progress toward SEN targets or IEP targets.
- Accompany teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required.
- Experience of working with children with high needs autism and challenging behaviours.
- Working at or towards National Occupational Standards on Supporting Teaching and Learning reflected in the Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning on the Qualification and Credit Framework, or equivalent experience.
- Good numeracy/literacy skills and clear spoken English.
- First Aid Training (Desirable)
- Knowledge of any of the following is desirable:
- PECS, MAKATON, ATTENTION AUTISM, TACPAC
- Working with or caring for children with special needs (particularly ASD).
- Be aware of and comply with all school policies and procedures relating to safe guarding, health, safety and security, behaviour & anti-bullying, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Able to use IT to support school systems.
- Support pupils in using basic ICT as directed.
What we can provide:
- A Catholic ethos at the heart of all we do;
- Continued professional development and training;
- A supportive and caring team;
- Clear structures and procedures;
- Good communication and support in your role.
He/she will be able to work under the guidance of the Headteacher, SENCO and the class teacher, but must also be able to show initiative when working with challenging children.
Please apply online
Closing date for applications: Friday, 13th October 2023
All successful applicants will be contacted on 16th October 2023, and interviews will be held week beginning 16th October. If you have not heard by this date, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit https://ats-haveringschools.jobsgopublic.com and submit your application by clicking the 'Apply Online' link below.