FOREST HILL SCHOOL
Dacres Road, London SE23 2XN
Boys 11-16, Mixed 16-18
Tel. 020 8699 9343
FACULTY LEADER – SCIENCE & COMPUTER SCIENCE
Start Date: September 2023
Salary Range: MPS-UPS £34,502 to £53,482 per annum (inner London)
+TLR 1B - £10,716 (6.5% pay award pending)
Forest Hill School is a thriving and aspirational comprehensive school in south-east London providing high-quality education to boys aged 11-18, with a highly successful joint, mixed sixth form with Sydenham School. We are a community which is wholly reflective of this district of London, teaching pupils from all backgrounds and of all abilities.
A broad and comprehensive curriculum is taught in modern facilities by dedicated teaching staff who are passionate about their subjects and are experts in educating and inspiring pupils to achieve excellence.
Science is a large, thriving subject offering both AQA Combined Science as well as Separate Sciences at GCSE and Physics, Chemistry and Biology A level. We achieved excellent GCSE results in Summer 2023 and want to consolidate and build on this success. Science is well resourced with excellent technician support.
The Faculty Leader will play a major role, under the direction of the Senior Leadership team, in establishing the aims and objectives of the faculty to reflect the overall aims and objectives of the school. They will develop and implement appropriate policies and procedures to ensure the achievement of the school objectives. They will lead the staff appraisal arrangements within their faculty and set challenging targets to ensure that staff are motivated to deliver education to the highest possible standard in accordance with the school’s objectives.
Part of the role is to line manage the delivery of Computer Science, with this area being led by an experienced TLR postholder.
Our ideal candidate is
- Able to motivate and lead teams of teachers, with a clear vision of how Science should be delivered
- An outstanding teacher who combines a range of innovative teaching strategies with excellent relationships with young people
- A team player who works well with others and is dedicated to the success of their students
- Someone who looks for ways to improve themselves and the school and is not afraid of taking responsibility beyond their classroom
We will offer
- The opportunity to work in an established and experienced school which challenges the stereotypes of underachieving boys in inner city London
- A personalised CPD programme that offers a range of opportunities to broaden your pedagogical experience and which seeks to support you in developing yourself for future leadership roles
- Modern, state of the art facilities, including staff laptops and the use of excellent ICT facilities with the students
Please refer to the recruitment pack for more information about the role and the School.
Please visit our website at https://foresthill.lewisham.sch.uk/ to make direct online applications, which must be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: we do not accept CVs and all applications must be submitted on the Lewisham Teachers Application Form which is available on the School Website.
Informal visits are welcome and should be arranged with Vicky Brown, PA to the Headteacher.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon Monday 25^th September 2023 with interviews scheduled for Friday 29^th September 2023. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified and that the interview process will include lesson observation.
Forest Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and is subject to an Enhanced CRB Disclosure.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Forest Hill School is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of the community, regardless of gender, age, marital status, disability, ethnicity, religion, belief or sexual orientation.