EMPOWER LEARNING ACADEMY TRUST
The Brittons Academy
Inspiring Learners, Changing Lives
Learning Support Assistant
Salary: Grade 1/2 Spinal Point 3-5. Actual Salary: £14,325- £14,798 per annum based on FTE of £24,012 - £24,804 (Inclusive of Outer London Weighting)
Hours: 25 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Required as soon as possible
Inspire and be inspired
Our mission is to ‘inspire learners and change lives’ – and that includes our staff. We want to empower our teams so pupils are ready to be kind, confident and impactful world citizens. To help us, we wish to appoint an experienced and high calibre Learning Support Assistant to support our SENCO department.
The successful candidate will:
- Have effective communication
- Ability to adapt or modify interactions to meet pupil needs
- Ability to summarise and present information from observations of pupil performance
- Effective time management, planning and collaboration
- Ability to provide a structured activity within a group setting
- Group dynamics and how to apply them
- Ability to recognise the range and implications of factors that impact pupil behaviour
- An understanding of the behaviour patterns that might indicate problems such as substance abuse, bullying or child abuse
- Relevant GCSE, ‘A’ level or graduate qualifications or equivalent
- Active in wider community inclusion for children with special educational needs and an interest in developing a career in education
In return, we offer:
- High quality professional development
- Supportive and friendly colleagues
- Flexible working opportunities
- Staff assistance programme including virtual GP appointments, counselling service, legal services
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Cycle to work scheme
Please forward your completed application to Jenny Haley, HR Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm on Wednesday 11th October 2023.
Interviews are scheduled to take place soon after. Please note that the Trust reserves the right to interview prior to the deadline date.
For further information about this role, please contact Sheila Clarke via email at email@example.com.
The Empower Learning Academy Trust is an Equal Opportunities Employer that is committed to safer recruitment. All applicants must be prepared to undergo screening to confirm their suitability to work with children.