Experienced Social Workers - £38,607 to £45,834
Edmonton Family Assessment Team is looking to recruit a qualified, enthusiastic and experienced children and families social worker. The job will be based in a small team at Edmonton Family Centre, Enfield. The primary role of the team is to undertake Parenting Capacity Assessments. These are for families with children subject to care proceedings or families in the PLO Pre-Proceedings stage. The role involves providing high quality, detailed reports for Court.
OFSTED described Enfield Social Work Teams as Highly motivated with manageable caseloads. Managers and staff are passionate about improving outcomes for children and young people.
You will need to be registered as a social worker with Social Work England. You will need to have skills and experience in assessing high risk and complex cases. In particular, you will need good skills in analysis and report writing and be able to meet tight timescales.
Some of the benefits of joining Enfield Children and Family Services include.
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 32 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Additional Annual Leave can be bought
- A paid sabbatical scheme – allowing Children's social workers to claim one month off after completing three years of service.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Andrea Wilkinson on 020 8132 0264 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team. If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Andrea Walkerdine at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 8132 1022.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That's why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do, by empowering our people to collaborate, think innovatively, make decisions and find solutions. Join us and be part of something better.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We do not see your name or title when shortlisting your application. This is one of many initiatives to build a more talented and diverse workforce. However, if you put your name on your CV or Statement it will be visible to us. For this reason, we ask that you do not include your name on these documents.
Please note it is your responses to the Essential/Desirable criteria, as detailed in the Job Description and Person Specification which is available on the job advert, that will determine if you are shortlisted for an interview, therefore we encourage you to always address the essential and desirable criteria in your application/CV.
If you have previously applied for this role within the past 6 months, unfortunately, a second application will not be considered.