Paid weeks per year: 52
Hours: 7.00 - 11.00am
Start date: As soon as possible
- Are you proactive?
- Do you take pride in your work?
- Do you want to help us to make a difference to our school community?
St Mark’s CE Primary School is looking to appoint someone who is highly-motivated and if possible already experienced in being a Caretaker for our wonderful and spacious school, who can support and enhance our learning environment, taking responsibility for the health and safety and general maintenance of our school to a high standard. The successful candidate must be able to act on their own initiative and work independently and as part of the staff team. They must be flexible, approachable, optimistic and able to manage their work within the demands of a busy and challenging school environment.
About the role
An example of the working day would be opening the school at 7.00am. Doing a site inspection, undertaking a range of maintenance tasks and liaising with staff and contractors on premises issues. Finishing at 11.00am means the successful candidate can have a peaceful afternoon or work another job.
As the Caretaker you will also be required to attend emergency call outs to the school. These are rare. This would mean being on call which may be in unsociable hours, e.g. evenings and weekends.
The successful applicant will:
- Hold the relevant qualifications or comparable experience relevant to the role.
- Have a good working knowledge of buildings maintenance in a range of areas e.g. plumbing, decorating, carpentry, basic electrics etc.
- Be able to undertake regular and daily works in and around the school site including a maintenance/ painting programme during school holidays
- Observe and carry out Health & Safety requirements and comply with procedures relating to Safeguarding, confidentiality & data protection
- Have a thorough knowledge of COSHH procedure and generic risk assessments
- Have an appropriate level of English, Maths and ICT skills to enable them to provide and maintain exemplary records and documentation e.g Fire Risk Assessment and Premises checklists
- Carry out regular statutory inspections and testing of services, fire alarm, water management etc
- Keeping the site and grounds to a high standard, ensuring they are clear from litter and graffiti at all times
- Management of contractors on site
- Carry out cleaning duties as required
- Be able to contribute to the positive ethos of the school
- Be flexible and accommodating to meet the changing needs of the school
Further information and an application pack can be obtained from the School Office or by e-mail from our School Business Manager, Jo Browning, via telephone on 01273 605588, or email@example.com
Closing date: Midnight, Friday 22nd September
Interview date: Week commencing Monday 25th September
How to Apply: Completed application forms accepted online via the Apply button or by email/post direct to the school office: Manor Road, Brighton, BN2 5EA, firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 01273 605588
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.