This is a role for a Trading Standards professional who will form part of the Consumer Protection Team. You will work specifically on those areas of work that support colleagues in Private Rented Housing and their work undertaken in relation to the additional and selective licensing scheme. You will be responsible for the development and implementation of a robust enforcement policy/strategy/framework and associated procedures for the issuing of penalties for specific contraventions.
This will include but not limited to investigation and appropriate enforcement action including the issuing of penalties for failure to belong to Client Money Protection Schemes (CMP); non display of information(fees/membership); failure to belong to redress scheme and offences under the EPC/MEES legislation in privately rented premises (Energy Performance Certificates/Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards).
This post is part time 18 hours a week. The days/times can be discussed at interview stage.
Contact Details -
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Esther Hughes on 020 8132 2147 for an informal discussion.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal-Gaye on 0208 132 1043 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not see your name or title when shortlisting your application. This is one of many initiatives to build a more talented and diverse workforce. However, if you put your name on your CV or Statement it will be visible to us. For this reason, we ask that you do not include your name on these documents. Please note it is your responses to the Essential/Desirable criteria, as detailed in the Job Description and Person Specification which is available on the job advert, that will determine if you are shortlisted for an interview, therefore we encourage you to always address the essential and desirable criteria in your application/CV.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
- 1 month paid sabbatical for Children’s Social Workers
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you have previously applied for this role within the past 6 months, unfortunately, a second application will not be considered.