Salary: £49,930-£57,543 (depending on skills and experience)
Contract Type: Permanent
Apply by: 10:00am on Monday 25th September
Interviews to be held: Likely mid-October and early November
Alternative flexible working options available and open to discussion
To view the full role profile, click here
A note about the recruitment process:
At Camden, we value and celebrate difference and encourage diversity in all respects. Our diverse workforce ensures we represent our communities to the best of our ability and enables us to make better decisions. Because of this, we want our recruitment process to be as inclusive and as accessible as possible and we recognise that requires us to be as flexible as we can whilst also preserving the integrity of a fair and transparent process.
Similarly, we appreciate that people’s individual skills and experience may not neatly map to a particular role profile and encourage applications from other professions
So if you have questions about the role, Camden as a whole, or would like to discuss alternative ways to showcase your interest and expertise, then please attend one of our open events or get in touch with Rich Cassidy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Camden is building somewhere everyone can thrive by making our borough the best place to live, work, study, and visit. We’re not just home to the UK's fastest-growing economy — we’re focused on creating a borough in which everyone can live a good life and nobody gets left behind.
We have a clear vision - to organise the right people and skills around challenges (like our missions) to deliver the best outcomes for Camden residents and renewal after the pandemic.
Camden has a proud, rebellious spirit that throughout its history has seen communities come together to tackle problems and bring about real social change. We’re willing to be bold and try new things in the process.
But don’t just take our word for it - you can read about some of the different people working in the Council.
About the Strategy Delivery Manager role:
We’re looking for experienced, empathetic, and passionate Strategy Delivery Managers to work with multidisciplinary teams across policy, design, service expertise, data and research to help scope, plan, and deliver great work.
You don’t need to have held a role in Strategy Delivery Management before in order to apply for this role - you might currently be a Programme Manager, a Community Organiser, a Scrum Master, an expert facilitator, or something else entirely.
Whatever your background, you’ll enjoy everything about what delivery managers do in Camden’s strategy function: building teams; getting new projects started; and adapting an agile approach to progress projects, policies, and services from ideas through to the achievement of real change for others.
Given this role, even if you don’t come from a government background, as a Strategy Delivery Manager you will need to understand the political and economic environment in which our teams operate. You’ll use your skills to prioritise the work that achieves the greatest purpose and value, to build strong relationships with partners and stakeholders, and to inspire teams to collaborate towards a shared vision.
These new Strategy Delivery Managers will work in one of three teams within Camden’s strategy family - Supporting People, Supporting Communities, or Strategy & Design. Collectively, the work of these teams spans the whole breadth of the Council’s work. Current priorities include preventative health and social care, creating thriving communities for our social housing tenants, and proactively supporting those experiencing financial hardship.
Camden Strategy Delivery Managers champion new and different ways of solving problems, promote inclusive and equitable approaches within delivery, and create a culture of continuous improvement to ensure that teams achieve the outcomes that meet the needs and expectations of both residents and staff in a sustainable way.
To view the full role profile, click here
The application process:
- Optional: Book a chat and/or attend our open house event - to get a better sense of whether this role would be right for you, and to find out more about the work we do, we hope you’ll take us up on the offer to book a place on one of our virtual open house events, get in touch with Rich Cassidy via email, and/or book in a short, friendly chat directly.
- Complete a short application via the “Apply” link at the bottom of this page - we anonymise all applications to reduce bias in the hiring process by placing greater emphasis on candidates’ relevant skills and experience.
We want to give everyone the same chance to showcase their relevant skills and experience so we ask you to follow a set formula and answer in the section ‘ application questions’. It should clearly answer these four prompts, in order:
- Tell us about a time (or times) when you have designed or facilitated a process to support teams and senior stakeholders to create a shared, prioritised pipeline of work.
- What does inclusive delivery management look like to you? Please share some examples of how you’ve introduced methods or approaches to work towards this in practice.
- We want to embed agile delivery practices in our projects and across our wider practice, but we also need to maintain progress and continue to deliver agreed outcomes. How might you adapt agile approaches across multiple projects to meet these different needs?
- Considering the job description and the available information, what approach would you take to setting, and then achieving, personal development goals within this role?
Please ignore the ‘why me’ statement field.
- 1-hour interview with 3 Camden staff - we’ll send you the 4-5 questions and short presentation task in advance, and ensure that there’s plenty of time at the interview for you to ask any questions you have at this stage in the process.
- Offer and feedback - if you’re successful at the interview stage, we’ll contact you with the details of your job offer, along with some feedback on your performance throughout the process.
- Onboarding - once your offer is accepted and the start date agreed, we’ll make sure there’s a plan in place for your first few weeks to make sure you have the information and support needed to ease into your career at Camden.
We know that applying for roles is a time-consuming process and we want to make sure that we respect and appreciate the time and energy you put into applying for this role at the Council. Therefore, no matter what stage of the process you get to and no matter whether your application is successful or not, we will always take the time to provide you with specific, personal feedback on your performance in the application process.