We are seeking a motivated and experienced Mental Health Social Worker to join the North London Forensic Outreach Service. Our team consists of 18 social workers based out of Chase Farm Hospital, Enfield. NLFS provides care for mentally disordered offenders who are detained under the Mental Health Act (MHA) within medium and low secure settings including specialist services for women and patients with a learning disability. The SW England registered social worker, who may be an AMHP, will have mental health practice experience and in line with the 'Forensic Mental Health Social Work: Capabilities Framework' will bring a social perspective to the multi-disciplinary team’s formulation and in delivering appropriate interventions. They will discharge statutory duties, work in partnership with a wide range of stakeholders and agencies; ensure that effective bridges are
built between in-patient detention and community discharge processes which promote social inclusion and recovery. Professional development opportunities are available for practitioners at all levels.
- Working with approximately 15 patients assessing risk and social care needs for patients on discharge pathways
- Responding to safeguarding concerns, (adults and children)
- Applying relevant legislation and guidance in practice e.g. MHA, MCA (assessments of capacity), Care Act, Criminal Justice Act, Children Act, HRA, DVCV Act etc.
- Working with families, victims and family victims, making referrals to MAPPA, MARAC
- Completing various social work reports e.g. MHT (presenting reports to the MHT hearings), MOJ social supervision
- Holding in balance public protection with the least restrictive option principle.
- Working alongside a community social worker from the patient's Responsible Borough to complete needs assessments, housing and funding panel applications.
The position provides an exciting opportunity for an experienced practitioner in a leadership role to contribute to the development, training and shaping of forensic social work practice and service delivery. The position provides an excellent opportunity for an experienced practitioner to demonstrate creativity to make a real difference in vulnerable people’s lives; and to influence and shape the practice of forensic mental health social workers, AMHPs and aspiring social workers, along with supporting the practice development of junior social workers and students through professional supervision, and Practice Education/AYSE programs.
We seek an imaginative and dynamic social work practitioner motivated to make positive contributes to forensic mental health social care, asserting recovery and empowerment models, working in meaningful partnerships with service users, their carers, and families as well as a range of external agencies. You will make full use of person-centred assessment skills, using strengths-based and enabling principals, demonstrate coordination and planning skills, with a focus on prevention, recovery, wellbeing, dignity and risk.
Enfield prides itself on having a supportive work culture with good working relationships with BEH MH NHS Trust, and stable management team that gives social workers the autonomy they need to deliver a first-class service to vulnerable adults.
If you’re looking for an interesting challenge working within an integrated MDT and looking for a rewarding position then this could, be it?
Employed by Enfield Local Authority and seconded to Barnet, Enfield & Haringey NHS Mental Health Trust, you will benefit from positive practical working partnerships between the two organisations.
Contact Details -
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Mirella Marenghi on 0208 702 5927 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Rebecca Spyrou on 0208 132 0008 or email@example.com
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
We do not see your name or title when shortlisting your application. This is one of many initiatives to build a more talented and diverse workforce. However, if you put your name on your CV or Statement it will be visible to us. For this reason, we ask that you do not include your name on these documents. Please note it is your responses to the Essential/Desirable criteria, as detailed in the Job Description and Person Specification which is available on the job advert, that will determine if you are shortlisted for an interview, therefore we encourage you to always address the essential and desirable criteria in your application/CV.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
If you have previously applied for this role within the past 6 months, unfortunately, a second application will not be considered.