A home is the essential foundation for a good quality of life, so what we do every day really matters to the wellbeing of our communities. Here at Origin, we trace our roots back almost 100 years, building and managing high quality homes as well as providing support services and housing for those who are most vulnerable in London and Hertfordshire. We work to provide safe, decent affordable homes and support for individuals and communities.
Focused on our residents, our driving ambition is to provide services that make people’s lives easier, and homes and communities they can be proud to live in. We are ‘not for profit’ and reinvest all our surpluses back into our varied and vibrant neighbourhoods.
The role – Housing Officer/Neighbourhood Manager: 12 month maternity cover
You will manage estates and neighbourhoods in the Camden and Islington areas. You will be responsible for delivering a proactive, high-quality customer focused and efficient neighbourhood property management service to Origin’s residents. You will manage all general needs properties and schemes, resolving issues at the point of first contact, ensuring a value for money service to our customers. You will work collaboratively with other teams and organisations to provide an exceptional customer experience.
What you’ll do
This is a rewarding and exciting position – responsible for building relationships and trust both internally within your Origin team and externally with the community you serve.
At a glance you will:
- Manage and resolve any tenancy and estate management issues
- Act as a central point of contact for all resident queries
- Managing all resident schemes
- Liaise with all departments to make sure you and your residents are up to date and help implement any procedures or changes
- Completing Fire Risk Actions assigned to the Neighbourhood Manager
- Monitor and manage ASB cases and working in strong partnership with our external partners to resolve them.
- Managing new developments handovers
What you’ll need
- Previous experience in a Neighbourhood, Housing or Property Management Setting
- Previous Housing Sector Experience
- Experience of setting up and maintaining successful partnerships
- To be a confident communicator across all channels but, specifically, you’ll need experience of producing written correspondence for a variety of audiences.
- You need a full driving licence and own your own vehicle
Our core values are at the heart of how we work
- Take the lead
- Create energy
- Build trust
- Be generous
- Stay grounded
- Remember the little things
We're committed to the wellbeing of our people and in creating an environment that promotes diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
Our benefits to you
- Origin’s ways of working make it easier for you to balance work and home life. You will benefit from flexible working which offers you the opportunity to work from where you are most effective, with the technology and equipment you need, as well as access to flexible space for collaborative working.
- A generous 25-day holiday allowance plus bank holidays, that increases with time, with the opportunity to buy and sell leave
- 2 additional ‘giving something back’ volunteer days
- A pension scheme with contributions from 4% of your salary
- Family leave, compassionate leave and enhanced maternity pay
- Simply Health cash plan providing money back when you spend on health appointments including physiotherapy, dental and opticians
- Interest free loans to help spread the cost of a season ticket or another big purchase
- Annual staff conference, team away days and annual team meal allowance
- Access to Perk Box for fantastic savings on everyday purchases and much more
- Free employee assistance programme
- Opportunities to join staff network groups
- Refer a friend bonus
We’re also committed to ensuring that our people have access to an excellent range of learning and development opportunities including our induction programme, course sponsorship, leadership development, mentoring and talent schemes along with professional membership if it’s a requirement to your role.
Tell us your story
We are looking forward to learning about you. Please help us get to know you by sending your latest CV and covering letter detailing how your skills and experience meet the outline for role of Housing Officer/Neighbourhood Manager detailed above.
Closing date for applications: 24 September 2023
Please note that suitable candidates will be invited to interview throughout the application window and therefore the vacancy may close at short notice. However, all candidates will be advised of the outcome of their application and therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.