Who we are looking for
We are looking for people who care regardless of qualifications and experience. We care more about you sharing and demonstrating our values.
You’ll be joining a dedicated team and we will provide you with all the training and support you need to perform the role including the opportunity to gain a recognised qualification in health and social care.
What you’ll need
You don't need previous experience in the role, we'll provide you with all the training you need including supporting you to gain a recognised qualification in Health and Social Care.
We’re looking for a committed and motivated staff member to work within our autism service in Finchley which supports 10 service users who have their own independent self contained flats.
You will need to demonstrate the ability to:
- work in a small team and on your own.
- support our service users to develop and learn which requires a creative and practical approach.
- be confident with getting to know the service users and their families and the network of professionals that we liaise with.
- be a confident communicator across all channels but, specifically, you’ll need to be able to write concise and accurate daily notes.
Above all your life experiences and use of initiative are qualities we need. You don’t need to be able to drive as we love taking our service users out on public transport or out for a walk and we'll cover your travel expenses on public transport whilst supporting our service users.
What you’ll do as a Support Worker
As a Support Worker this is a rewarding position – responsible for building relationships and trust with the people we support who have autism. Our service users are very independent and your duties are varied, and no two days will be the same. At a glance you will:
- Promote choice, independence, integration within the local community and development of skills
- Support our service users as individuals to achieve their personal goals helping them to take part in a wide range of interests and activities such as shopping trips, arts and crafts and days out
- provide support to service users to make and attend appointments where necessary.
- keep up to date with all admin work including emails, reviews and support plans.
- work with colleagues, families (where applicable) and other professionals for the benefit of the service users
You’ll do 5 shifts a week (37 hours) which will be a mixture of earlies (7am - 2pm), mid (9am - 5pm or 11am - 7pm), lates (2pm - 10pm) and sleep-ins (10pm - 7am). Sleep-ins are paid in addition to your salary.
An inspiring past and a bright future
We look after our people and provide benefits that support them both in and outside of work. Our benefits include:
- You'll be on a shift rota so will know your shifts in advance
- A generous 25-day holiday allowance plus bank holidays, that increases with time, with the opportunity to buy and sell leave
- 2 additional ‘giving something back’ volunteer days
- A pension scheme with contributions from 4% - 8% of your salary
- Public transport travel expenses paid whilst undertaking your role
We'll develop you
We’re committed to ensuring that our people have access to an excellent range of learning and development opportunities including our induction programme, course sponsorship, leadership development, mentoring and talent schemes along with professional membership if it’s a requirement to your role.
You will shadow us for a month and get to meet all the service users and if you don't already have it, we'll support you to achieve a level 3 in Health and Social care and the Care Certificate.
Tell us your story
We are looking forward to learning about you. Please help us get to know you by sending your latest CV and covering letter detailing how your experience meets the role of Support Worker above.
Please note we will be asking for satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: 24 September 2023
Please note that suitable candidates will be invited to interview throughout the application window and therefore the vacancy may close at short notice. However all candidates will be advised of the outcome of their application and therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.