The Frances Bardsley Academy for Girls
An 11-18 Academy with Visual Arts Specialism
Brentwood Road, Romford, Essex RM1 2RR
Executive Headteacher: Mr J. Dutnall LLB, BA, MA, MBA
Sixth Form Study Room Supervisor and Learning Mentor
Required: As soon as possible / September 2023
Contract Type: Permanent. 36 hrs a week, 38 weeks a year
Scale: 4.7 - 4.10 - £25,629 to £26,913 FTE (including Outer London Allowance)
Actual Pro Rata Salary: £21,480 to £22,556
Times: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:12pm
Building Great Learning Communities
Our Mission is 'To build great learning communities'. To accomplish our mission, we keep our 3 core beliefs at the heart of everything we do: Courageous Optimism, Boundless Creativity and Heartfelt Compassion. We support our schools to deliver excellent student outcomes, create vibrant, exciting environments and offer rewarding careers for employees.
To help us with this, we are looking to appoint a Study Room Supervisor and Learning Mentor who will also provide additional administrative support to the Sixth Form Coordinator and guidance to our students.
The successful candidate will have:
- Successful experience of administrative work in a busy school environment
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, including; Word, Excel. Power Point, Publisher & Outlook and other IT applications Knowledge of general school policies and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to exchange verbal information clearly and sensitively with children and adults Ability to work with a range of colleagues
- Knowledge of School MIS systems, preferably SIMS, would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will become part of an oversubscribed, flourishing school for girls aged 11 to 18, with confident,
courteous, articulate students, and an ethos rooted in empowerment, The school is committed to providing the best learning opportunities in a safe, secure and friendly environment with dedicated colleagues who strive for excellence.
In return we can offer you:
- Welcoming and friendly colleagues
- A stimulating and welcoming learning environment with excellent facilities, including our purpose-built Wellbeing Centre, a farm, an art gallery and our own railway
- High quality professional development opportunities An all-inclusive and supportive Multi-Academy Trust
- Strong links with girls' schools in the UK and abroad through the International Coalition of Girls' Schools (ICGS)
- Access to the Schools Advisory Service (SAS) the Trust’s employee well-being support and medical programme. This includes 24 hour a day access to a GP helpline for you and those within your household, a counselling service, stress management, weight loss programme, physiotherapy, menopause support and much more
- Free flu vaccinations Cycle to Work Scheme
- A Colleague Support Pack regularly updated with local financial guidance, schemes and support Increased priority in admissions to our school for your child/ren
- Close proximity to the M25, Romford Railway Station (Elizabeth Line) and on a main bus route
Please forward your completed application form, together with a letter of application and supporting paperwork to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am Thursday 15th June 2023. A copy of the School’s Support Colleague Application Form can be found on the school website.
Shortlisting and interviews will take place shortly after.