THE LIME TRUST
Lime Academy Forest Approach
Settle Road, Harold Hill, Romford, RM3 9YA
Tel: 01708 343649
Head Teacher: James Power
Hours: Full Time
Grade: Leadership Pay Scales L10 - L14
Start Date: 30th October 2023
The Lime Trust is looking for an Assistant Headteacher to join the team. The Lime Trust consists of 8 schools, 4 Special and 4 Primary in Cambridgeshire and North and East London.
This post is for an Assistant Headteacher to work at Lime Academy Forest Approach, a special school in the London Borough of Havering for children aged 4-19.
The salary for this post is Leadership range L10-L14.
The Lime Trust’s vision is to provide high quality education for pupils through school to school collaboration and Trust direction, high challenge and high support. All schools in the Lime Trust strive to improve life chances for all and are respected in their local communities.
The Lime Way:
- Always working to be brilliant
- Putting learners first
- Setting the standard
- Building capacity rich schools
The Values we embed in our schools are:
- Communication (a voice for all)
The successful candidate will take a lead role in reviewing pupils Education Health Care Plans, working with parents and external agencies to co-ordinate provision and will have an agreed teaching commitment. They will work as part of the leadership team to drive school improvement, promote best practice and contribute to the aims and ethos of the Trust.
We are looking for a leader who can demonstrate:
- Excellent leadership, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent classroom practice, effectively meeting individual needs
- The desire and experience to take a lead role within our school
- A clear understanding of the SEND Code of Practice and experience of working with children with a range of complex needs
- A commitment to ensuring all pupils achieve their full potential
- High expectations of themself and others
- Experience of leading change and improvement across the school
We are looking forward to hearing from candidates who have ambitions for leadership and are ready for a post that has a high level of challenge. You will be part of an excellent team and will be given support to develop to your full potential both in this role and beyond.
This role is to start after the October 2023 half term.
- IT equipment (relevant to the post)
- Well-being support including online resources/app/initiatives
- Extensive CPD opportunities, including support with external courses for further career development
- Enhanced maternity leave benefits
- Membership of a generous pension scheme (LGPS or TPS)
- National pay rates
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working opportunities
- Job-sharing/Part-time working
- Term-time working
- Career break
- Supportive Special Leave requests
- Subsidised school meals
- Subsidised childcare (offered on some sites)
- PPA can take place working from home
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy please visit the Lime Trust website and click on Job Vacancies. Lime Trust will only consider applications that have been completed in full.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to arrange on 01708 343649.
Closing Date: 18 June 2023 at 23:59
Shortlisting: 19 June 2023
Interviews: 23 June 2023
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS check). References will be taken up before the appointment.