THE LIME TRUST
Lime Academy Ravensbourne
70 Neave Crescent, Harold Hill, Romford RM3 8HN
Tel: 01708 341800
Head Teacher: Andy Smith
SEN Teaching Assistant - Level 2
Hours: 32.5 hours per week x 39 weeks per year
Grade: Scale 3, Points 5-6
F/T Salary: £24,804 - £25,212 p.a FTE
Pro Rata Annual Salary: £19,153.20 - £19,468.25 p.a.
Start Date: As soon as possible
The Lime Trust is looking for Level 2 Teaching Assistants to join their teaching and learning team. The Trust consists of 8 schools, 4 Special and 4 Primary in Cambridgeshire and North and East London.
These posts will be based at Lime Academy Ravensbourne, a special school in the London Borough of Havering for children aged 2-19 with profound and multiple learning needs, including complex medical needs, learning difficulties, physical disabilities, and communication difficulties.
The Lime Trust’s vision is to provide high quality education for pupils through school to school collaboration and Trust direction, high challenge and high support. All schools in the Trust strive to improve life chances for all and are respected in their local communities.
The Lime Way:
- Always working to be brilliant
- Putting learners first
- Setting the standard
- Building capacity rich schools
The Values we embed in our schools are:
The successful candidates will be part of the school team and will be required to support pupils, promote best practice, and contribute to the aims and ethos of the Trust and its schools.
Candidates should be ambitious and passionate professionals, who will add value to our school in striving to help deliver personalised learning that prepares our pupils for the next stage in their life, and who can:
- Work under the direction of the class teacher to support pupils with a range of complex physical, medical and learning needs to access learning by implementing activities and interventions designed to meet their personal needs
- Manage pupil behaviour in line with school policy
- Provide general support to the class teacher in the management and organisation of the classroom
- Assist the class teacher in creating and maintaining a purposeful, orderly and supportive learning environment
- Promote the inclusion of all pupils, ensuring they have equal opportunities to learn and develop
- Build and maintain successful relationships with pupils, treating them with respect and consideration
- Work together with families and other agencies to ensure every pupil is valued, challenged and supported
- Have the highest expectation that every pupil will make sustained academic and personal progress
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school
We are looking forward to hearing from candidates who want to take the next step in their career. This is a post that requires candidates to be committed to ongoing personal learning and development, and to sharing our long-term aims and drive for continuous improvement within our school.
- IT equipment (relevant to the post)
- Well-being support including online resources/app/initiatives
- Extensive CPD opportunities, including support with external courses for further career development
- Enhanced maternity leave benefits
- Membership of a generous pension scheme (LGPS or TPS)
- National pay rates
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working opportunities
- Job-sharing/Part-time working
- Term-time working
- Career break
- Supportive Special Leave requests
- Subsidised school meals
- Subsidised childcare (offered on some sites)
How to apply
Please apply on Jobs Go Public via the following link: https://ats-limetrust.jgp.co.uk/vacancies/240875-sen-teaching-assistant--level-2?source=1273-council-website&enhancement=
Closing date: 18 June 2023 at Midnight
Shortlisting: 19 June 2023
Interviews: 23 June 2023
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to arrange on 01708 341800.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS check). References will be taken up before appointment.