- Are you looking for working arrangements that enhance your work-life balance?
- Do you enjoy delivering excellent customer service in thriving cultural venue?
- Do you like working as part of small team to complete a varied list of day-to-day operational duties?
If you answered yes, we want to hear from you!
Who we are:
The Front of House Team for Orleans House Gallery and Richmond Arts Service provide a crucial role in ensuring visitors have an enjoyable and safe visit to a beautiful cultural space situated just off the banks of the Thames in Twickenham.
About the role:
The Front of House Officer (Casual) will provide ad hoc cover for the existing team of 4 Front of House Officers (2.5 FTE) and will assist in providing additional support for special events. It will include weekend and evening working.
The Front of House Officers for Arts and Orleans House Gallery (OHG) are responsible for day to day operations for the Arts Service, including Orleans House Gallery (Grade 1); for maintaining public access to the site; the day to day operations and associated systems and processes.
You will work closely with staff from across the council, within the arts service, partners, volunteers, members of the public and members of outside organisations.
- Maintain day to day safe, secure operations that also allow for the delivery of focussed high quality and innovative creative engagement activities.
- Ensure that the Front Desk, gallery spaces and other key points are staffed, wherever necessary, and all personnel maintain safe communication and follow policy best practice on personal safety issues.
- Be responsible for the presentation of the Orleans House site and building, and to assist with functions and hires as necessary.
- You will have experience of working in a customer focused environment, ideally within a public or cultural building.
- You must understand the importance of working within agreed operating procedures and be an ambassador for onsite Health and Safety.
- You will be willing to receive training in Health and Safety procedures.
- Open to receive further training in areas such as customer service.
In addition, we offer a comprehensive range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts with many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments.
Indicative Recruitment Timeline
Closing Date: Tuesday 11th April 2023
Shortlisting Date: W/C 17th April 2023
How to apply?
Please register, submit your CV and a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of this role. If you are having difficulty in applying online, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0208 871 8825 or email@example.com to see if we can offer alternative arrangements for you to apply.
The closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. We strongly advise you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note that the advertised dates for interviews may change due to the current Covid-19 situation. If they do, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Your health and wellbeing is our top priority. Should you become unwell due to Covid-19 during the recruitment process we would very much appreciate receiving an update from you as soon as possible.
We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our teams,
We are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils