Year 1 Teacher
Year 1 Teacher
Required for September 2023
George Mitchell School – Consistently in the Top 10 % nationally for progress
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Year 1 teacher to our team. We are very proud of our school. It is an exciting place to work, with ambition for our children and a vision for the future.
George Mitchell School is aspiring to be an outstanding school, and we welcome colleagues who want to join us, and our students, on that journey. Behaviour for Learning is very good, and there is an enthusiastic emphasis on good outcomes for our students who hail from a richly diverse area, with many ethnic groups and languages represented. This, along with our modern building and large outside spaces make George Mitchell a fantastic place to work.
The suitable candidate must have:
- An outstanding track record in the classroom
- Ability to build and maintain strong, positive professional relationships
- Proven successful leadership and experience of developing others
- Ability to understand and respond to data
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Willingness to show initiative and to go above and beyond for our children
George Mitchell School offers:
- A ‘Good’ school with many outstanding features
- Wonderful, well behaved, calm children
- Supportive, open-door senior leadership
- Strong and collaborative middle leadership team
- A warm, friendly environment with dedicated and enthusiastic staff
- An exciting and challenging curriculum
- Professional development, including NPQs
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offer of a position is subject to receiving satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS Clearance
To request an application pack, an informal discussion with the Head of Primary about the role or to arrange a visit, which we strongly encourage, please telephone or email HR: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications; 27th March 2023 at 9am.