Nursery Assistant (Supply)
Start date: As soon as possible
Mile Oak Primary School is growing roots! Pavilion Pre-school is soon to become Little Oaks Nursery and we are seeking passionate, knowledgeable and nurturing practitioners to be part of this exciting venture. The successful candidate will work alongside the current nursery staff in a key person role to build happy, confident and excited learners that are interested about the world around them.
Our extended Early Years department, with impressive learning environments and beautiful grounds is a place where children can discover and learn every day. Children at Little Oaks Nursery will be given the building blocks for success in Reading, Writing and Maths and be immersed into a rich language environment characterised by collaboration, exploration and purposeful play. The wider school has an extensive outdoor provision, including a living classroom, large forest school area, school pond, a large field, running track and class sets of balance bikes which would all form part of the provision.
School and nursery Context:
Mile Oak Primary School is a large school in Portslade with 419 pupils on roll. We have been on a rapidly improving school journey over the last four years and are now at the stage of refining our development work across the school. Our 40 place nursery for 2-4 years olds has been a long-term vision of the school and we are so excited about the wealth of opportunities that await the youngest children within our community.
We believe that relationships are the key to children experiencing success and this is underpinned by the highest expectations of learning and behaviour. All staff share the collective responsibility of ensuring that every child thrives, succeeds and has their needs met.
You will need to share our core vision of thinking big and the school values of ambition, courage, pride and respect. The successful candidate will be fully involved in the life of the whole school community.
About the role
We are looking for:
- A commitment to inclusion and safeguarding practices
- An understanding of how all children learn and develop
- Experience of working in the Early Years Foundation Stage
- An understanding of the importance of the prime areas of learning
- An excellent practitioner with high expectations across contexts
- The ability to form strong and trusting relationships with children
- A nurturing practitioner who will foster individuality
- Someone who is determined to make a difference for our children
- A well organised, creative individual with strong interpersonal skills
- A willingness to work in partnerships with parents and carers
In turn we offer you:
- An opportunity be part of an exciting expansion
- A brand new bespoke nursery classroom and dedicated outside area
- Access to beautiful school grounds to enhance learning experiences
- An excellent range of professional development opportunities.
- An incredibly hard-working, friendly and supportive staff team
- A positive, exciting and motivated school culture
- An opportunity to work alongside reception colleagues to meet the needs of all children in the EYFS
We welcome and encourage visits to the school. If you wish to arrange this, please contact Lynne Szkolar via email email@example.com.
Closing date: Applications received will be considered on the day they are received and where candidates meet the criteria, interviews will be arranged immediately
How to apply: Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school office: Graham Avenue, Portslade, Brighton, BN41 2WN, firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 01273 077114
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.